The 15-Day Ayurveda Deep Detox
Date Posted:23 March 2012
The 15 Day Ayurveda Deep Detox is a whole-body detox that is gentle, balanced, and without side-effects
Which is the right product combination for me?
Choose DETOX COMBO 1
If you don't experience heartburn, excess stomach acid or acne these are the products for you Genitrac (MA2), Herbal Cleanse (MA602), Elim-Tox (MA1010), Vata Massage Oil and Vata Tea or Kapha Massage Oil and Kapha Tea (see Detox Tips below for directions)
Choose DETOX COMBO 2
If you do experience heartburn, excess stomach acid or acne these are the products for you Genitrac (MA2), Herbal Cleanse (MA602), Elim-Tox-O (MA1663), Pitta Massage Oil and Pitta Tea (see below) (The difference between Combo 1 and Combo 2 is the selection of Elim Tox (MA1010) or Elim Tox O (MA16630). The Elim Tox O is designed for a more gentle detox for those with more pronounced Pitta symptoms)
YOUR DETOX PLAN
Take 2-4 tablets of Herbal Cleanse before going to bed each night to help cleanse the bowel.
Take 2 tablets of Elim-Tox or Elim-Tox-O morning and evening to cleanse the liver, blood, sweat glands and the elimination system.
Take 2 tablets of Genitrac morning and evening to purify the urinary tract and assist the removal of toxins. Note: If you take Amrit Kalash, you can cut your dosage in half when on the cleansing programme. Also, it is better not to combine Elim-Tox (MA1010) with Bio-Immune (MA1000) or Radiant Skin (MA926) because these formulations have overlapping actions and benefits. We recommend that after completing your cleanse, you continue with Organic Digest Tone (Triphala Plus) to support healthy elimination and digestion.
- Going to bed before 10:00 P.M. and rising before 6:00 A.M. is recommended.
- Gentle exercises like yoga or walking every day help release toxins. It’s best to avoid vigorous exertion or team sports.
- It’s best to eat your biggest meal at noon. A stewed apple is a good choice for breakfast, with soup or other light foods at night. Keeping a consistent meal schedule helps your body get used to the routine.
- A daily massage is recommended. Starting with a soothing abhyanga (massage) will help loosen impurities in the skin and organs. You can use Vata, Pitta or Kapha Massage Oil to detoxify and nourish your skin depending on the following symptoms of imbalance: VATA: Dryness, irregular digestion, constipation, difficulty going to sleep, worry PITTA: Heat and acidity, tendency to loose bowel or more tham 1 or 2 movements per day. Anger and irritability, skin conditions KAPHA: Overweight, fluid retention, high cholesterol, fatty liver, slow digestion. A warm bath after your massage will help remove toxins.
While your body is releasing toxins, it is recommended to eat lighter to help the process along.
Warm, light, cooked foods such as soup are recommended.
Favor fresh, organic foods over canned, frozen, packaged or processed foods.
Drinking eight cups of pure, filtered water a day is also recommended. Hot water especially helps dissolve toxins and facilitates their flow out of the body.
It’s best to steer clear of heavy food like red meat, leftovers, fried foods, oily foods, yeasted breads, sugary desserts, crackers and dairy products such as cheese and yogurt since they are hard to digest.
You can drink boiled milk with a pinch of cardamom between meals. With your meals, drinking a lassi (yogurt drink made with 3 C. water and 1 C. yogurt blended with cumin and salt) will aid digestion.
Cold foods and cold drinks dampen the digestion and create more toxins.
Cooked fruits: prunes, figs, apples, pears, pineapples and papayas.
Cooked vegetables: leafy greens, Brussels sprouts, crucifers such as cabbage, broccoli and cauliflower.
Grains: Flatbreads such as fresh chapatti, quinoa, barley, amaranth, rice and kanji (rice water made by cooking 8 cups water with 1 cup rice).
- Herbal Body Detoxification with an Internal Body Cleanse (getbalance.co.nz)
- How to Perform an Ayurvedic Body Cleanse (getbalance.co.nz)