- Avoid Tamasic foods (non- life supporting foods eg. leftovers, highly processed foods, fast foods, foods with artificial ingredients or additives).
- Favour a Sattvic diet ie. lacto-vegetarian diet. If eating meat, have it at lunchtime when it can be most easily digested.
- Avoid eating too quickly.
- Eat with full attention on the meal (Avoid reading, watching TV, etc while eating).
- Avoid emotional upsets during meal times.
- Take heavier, less easily digested foods (eg fried foods, salads) in moderate quantities and when the digestive fire is strongest – at the midday meal or at the beginning of a meal.