I’m Feeling Good In My Skin
Date Posted:16 February 2015
Ah… beautiful radiant skin with a gentle blush of wellbeing ‘no matter ones age’ is a delight to see. A healthy radiant skin indicates that the internal fires of digestion, metabolism and the end process of elimination are all functioning well.
The body has some very efficient ways to eliminate bodily waste via the bowel, urinary tract and respiratory system (through breath). If these systems become blocked or inefficient, then your skin becomes the default pathway. If you wish to have beautiful skin ‘no matter your age’ or you have a skin condition that you wish to address, then the following information will be very helpful for you.
We would like to give you some insight into your skin type and ways to support a healthy glowing complexion.
My Skin Type
Did you know? Your skin quality helps to show which of the doshas (Vata, Pitta or Kapha) are strongest in you.
Does your skin have a tendency to be cold, rough, dry or cracked, with a few dark moles? Are your veins and tendons quite visible on the back of your hands? If yes, then your skin reflects the qualities of Vata type.
- Daily application of Revitalising Cream is a nourishing way to reduce dryness and tendency to wrinkle easily, while helping to give your skin a youthful glow.
- This dryness in extreme can become eczema. If so, then Smooth Skin helps support healthy digestion and metabolism, helps to keep the blood pure and the pathways of elimination clear.Smooth Skin also assists when allergy or infection is present.
- In addition follow Vata lifestyle recommendations and Vata dietary guidelines
If your complexion is coppery, yellowish, reddish, or fair then Pitta qualities are strongest in your skin type. Your skin is likely to have a good colour and may be easily flushed. Pitta types often have many moles or freckles, which are bluish or brownish-red in colour.
- Daily application of Pitta Skin Care Cream is a fabulous way to maintain balance for your skin type. It helps balance the oily T-Zone tendency that Pitta types are prone to.
- When the blood becomes impure then red skin rashes and irritations can arise and skin formation becomes inflamed.
- Radiant Skin tablets are really helpful in this situation. Radiant Skin is a precise blend of 14 Ayurvedic herbs that help cleanse the liver and blood. They promote absorption of nutrients for improved skin building from the deepest levels of the skin to the top layers too.
- In addition follow a Pitta pacifying diet and Pitta lifestyle recommendations. Maintain your inner cool by taking 2-4 tablets of Emotional Balance prior breakfast and evening meals to reduce loading on the blood from emotional stress.
Do you have a white, pale or fair complexion with cold, soft, oily or moist skin? If yes, then it is likely that the thickness of your skin covers your veins and tendons so they are not obvious. If yes, then your skin reflects the qualities of Kapha type.
This natural tendency for oily skin can give rise to acne conditions. It is helpful to note that even if your skin type is mostly Vata or Pitta, when you are in your teens you can still have difficulties with acne, as this is the time of life where Kapha predominates in everyone.
- To reduce oily tendencies favour Kapha pacifying diet and ensure you exercise regularly.
- Be sure to get enough sleep. The best quality of sleep is achieved from 10pm – 6am.
- Eat at regular intervals with larger quantities of food and heavier foods such as meats, seafood and cheese during the day and lighter vegetarian style meals in the evening by 6-7pm.
- Use small amounts of ghee (clarified butter) in your diet and reduce all other fats and oils.
- Take Digest Tone1 tablet prior meals 3 times a day along with 1 tablet ofSmooth Skin.
Wishing you the bliss of balance
|Linda Sinden has been a practising Maharishi Ayurveda Consultant since 1990 and is a regular contributor to our weekly Insights. She has a practice in Auckland, New Zealand and also provides phone or Skype sessions for those who need assistance, but don’t have a consultant in their vicinity. Email: [email protected] Skype: Linda.Sinden Mobile: +64 212237525|
Wayne, Linda, Theresa and Louise
The Get Balance Team [associated-products]