Supports natural absorption and assimilation of calcium
- Assists the flow of nutrients and energy to cells
- Supports purification and balance of fat tissue, the raw material for building healthy bones, teeth, hair and nails
- Provides support for the liver
- Provides a natural source of calcium (suitable for vegetarians)
- Helps the body maintain a healthy pH balance
Make the Most of Your Calcium Intake
You probably know how important it is to take calcium supplements during midlife – women in particular can lose 30% of their bone mass. But did you also know that low calcium intake is associated with the risk of colon cancer and hypertension? Or that drinking milk and taking lots of calcium supplements doesn’t guarantee that the calcium is actually reaching your bones?
According to Maharishi Ayurveda, it’s not enough to take calcium supplements. You also need to be able to absorb and assimilate the calcium. That’s why Calcium Support supplies your body with bioavailable calcium and at the same time supports your body’s ability to absorb calcium from the foods you eat.
This traditional Ayurvedic formula contains an organic, nondairy source of calcium — organic minerals derived from sea coral. Coral is not only a pure, vegetarian source of calcium, it is more easily absorbed than calcium supplements made from inorganic minerals.
Using traditional Ayurvedic methods, the coral is meticulously processed in the juices and decoctions of herbs, which enhances the absorption of both herbs and calcium. Take Calcium Support to ensure the calcium you take is doing the job you intended — building strong bones, nails, teeth and hair.
Tips for increasing calcium absorption
- Eat foods that are easy for the body to digest
- Eat the biggest meal at mid-day, when the digestive fire is strongest
- Avoid caffeine and refined carbohydrates such as sugar
- Avoid cold or iced drinks, which decrease the digestive fire
- Do a daily warm oil massage (abhyanga). It helps enhance digestion and flush away impurities, and is traditionally known to stimulate bone growth
- Go to bed by 10 p.m. so your body is at rest during its natural purification cycle from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m
- Eat plenty of foods that are high in calcium, such as sesame seeds, green leafy vegetables, walnuts, coconut and coconut milk
- Warm whole milk is also an excellent calcium-booster, but choose unhomogenized milk for greater absorption. To enhance digestion, drink your milk separate from meals
- Avoid vegetables from the nightshade family, including eggplant, tomatoes, potatoes, and yellow, red and green sweet peppers
What is the difference between this product and Calcium Absorb (MA1676)? Calcium Support (MA925) provides a higher level of Calcium supplementation, whereas Calcium Absorb (MA1676) supports a medium level of Calcium supplementation, but with better assimilation and utilization. This is often required for the elderly, or to support mending of bones and for those who pass Calcium quickly from the system
Always read the label and use as directed. Supplementary to a balanced diet. If symptoms persist see your healthcare professional. If pregnant take under the guidance of your healthcare professional