Herbal Wonders For Anti-aging
Date Posted:2 December 2014
Rejuvenation for young and old
Ayurveda has a whole division of medicine focused exclusively on rasayana - that which eradicates disease and aging.
Just like the sap nourishes all parts of a tree, a rasayana nourishes our essence to support the whole of our mind and body.This is particularly important with the increasing elderly population, along with lifestyles that can prematurely age us if we don’t take sufficient care.
Ancient texts on ageing
The ancient Ayurvedic texts describe aging as a natural process that can be managed and its effects reduced through use of rasayana. It may surprise you to see from the Ayurvedic view of aging below, that life expectancy of 120 years is considered healthy and normal.
With each passing decade, one by one, the body loses…
- childhood after the first decade
- growth after the second decade
- lustre and complexion after the third decade
- intelligence after the fourth decade
- skin health after the fifth decade
- strength of sight after the sixth decade
- virility after the seventh decade
- bala (strength) after the eighth decade
- discrimination after the ninth decade
- use of the organs of action after the tenth decade
- use of the senses after the eleventh decade and
- finally at the ripe old age of 120 years one looses life.
Ayurveda sees aging as natural to life but with the use of rasayana, this process can be effectively managed so we age gracefully and live a long life.
The Royalty of Rasayanas
The formulas that comprise Maharishi Amrit Kalash come from a very pure line of herbalists, who intimately understood the effects of individual herbs along with the synergy of their combination.
Modern research reveals the ways in which Amrit Kalash works to prevent aging and disease while promoting health and longevity.
While reviewing a talk by Dr Donn Brennan, a medical doctor practising Maharishi Ayurveda in Great Britain, I was fascinated to hear his summary of the research results on our Amrit Kalash formulas.
High Potency anti-oxidant
- Amrit Kalash is rich with antioxidants such as vitamin C, vitamin E, riboflavin, beta-carotene, bioflavonoids, and polyphenols and also enzymes that are as strong as superoxide dismutase (SOD) - one of the body’s most powerful natural antioxidant enzymes
- Promotes immune health Amrit Kalash moderates and enhances the immune system in addition to protecting healthy cells.
- Reduces allergy Clinical study show people are less allergic when taking Amrit Kalash.
- Unique effect on cancer cells Research results showed a dramatic effect on cancer cells. Both the initiation stage of cancer, the promotion stage of cancer, along with metastasis, all showed a reduction. In one unique and interesting study the cancerous cells were transformed back into healthy cells.
- Protection against toxic chemicals A further effect of Amrit Kalash is to act as a protection against toxic chemicals in people with cancer who are undergoing chemotherapy.
- Reduce key risk factors for heart disease In terms of heart attack and strokes Amrit Kalash reduced oxidation of fats, reduced formation of plaque and reduced platelet aggregation. In one study people on Amrit Kalash also had less symptoms of angina.
- Improved psychology Studies also showed people taking Amrit Kalash had improved psychology, greater happiness, tranquillity and mental balance.
The ideal time to take your Amrit Kalash is prior meditation morning and evening or 30 minutes prior breakfast and again at bedtime.
Wishing you the bliss of a well-nourished physiology and a life expectancy of a healthy 120 years!
|Linda Sinden has been a practising Maharishi Ayurveda Consultant since 1990 and is a regular contributor to our weekly Insights. She has a practice in Auckland, New Zealand and also provides phone or Skype sessions for those who need assistance, but don’t have a consultant in their vicinity. Email: [email protected] Skype: Linda.Sinden Mobile: +64 212237525|
Wayne, Linda, Theresa and Louise
The Get Balance Team [associated-products]