77 Other Results for 'Amrit Kalash'
Author: Linda Sinden Date Posted: 9 March 2019
No matter one’s age and stage feeling well resourced to meet the day when we wake and as we start our day, be it at home or in the office, really does make a difference. This I call being ahead of the game.
Maharishi Ayurveda has a question that identifies if you are ahead of the game.
- In the morning do you wake feeling rested, clear and alert? Thinking back over the last three months how would you answer this question: If 10 is Yes, I feel rested, clear and alert all the time when I wake in the morning, and 0 is No, I never feel rested clear and alert when I wake in the morning how would you score yourself between 0-10? ...
Author: Linda Sinden Date Posted: 3 December 2018
Today, while sharing a tasty lunch with family I heard a xmas carol Silent Night and it dawned upon me Xmas time is here! So to help you bless and spoil your loved ones with gifts that keep on giving, consider slipping one of the following products into their xmas stocking or under the Xmas tree!
The following Pitta Balance Gift Pack is a great gift for anyone during summer when the weather is hot. If your lov...
Author: Linda Sinden Date Posted: 22 October 2018
Enjoy a rainbow of colour and nutrients
Did you know… the different colours in fruits and vegetables signal the presence of helpful bioactive phytochemicals or compounds that plants use to protect themselves from predator insects, pollution and disease. Isn’t nature inventive!
When we ingest a fruit or vegetable this protective influence can be helpful to us too as they provide powerful antioxidant protection. So here is a salad recipe to help you enjoy a power packed rainbow of colours. Enjoy!
Author: Linda Sinden Date Posted: 1 October 2018
Amalaki is traditionally described as a divine plant with remarkable properties. It is described as having longevity-enhancing and disease-defying qualities. A powerful and rejuvenating herb, Amalaki helps to cool, tone and nourish tissues and organs. The fruit is a rich source of antioxidants and vitamin C. It is considered one of the most powerful rejuvenating herbs in Ayurveda. Charaka Samhita, a text of Ayurveda says Amalaki is the best among rejuvenative herbs. It is known by the following names:
English Indian Gooseberry
Latin Emblica Officinalis, Phyllanthus...
Author: Linda Sinden Date Posted: 17 September 2018
Treating the root cause
If you suffer from rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, thyroiditis, multiple sclerosis or ulcerative colitis then you are likely to have heard the term autoimmune disorder.
Autoimmune conditions occur when the immune system fails to recognise self-antigens and mounts a misguided attack upon them. The common dysfunction is that the body starts to attack itself and general symptoms include exhaustion, muscle aches and low temperature.
Maharishi Ayurveda identifies the lack of awareness of the Self as the root cause of all disease. Pragyaparadh...
Author: Linda Sinden Date Posted: 28 July 2018
Stress doesn't just make a person feel older. In a very real sense, it can speed up aging.
- The Washington post conducted a study in 2004 in which scientists identified the first direct link between stress and aging. Chronic stress appears to hasten the shriveling of the tips of the bundles of genes inside cells, which shortens their life span and speeds the body's deterioration (according to a study involving mothers caring for chronically ill children).
- Also a study published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences found that stress can add years to the age of individual immune system cells. Researchers che...
Author: Linda Sinden Date Posted: 23 July 2018
Recently, when talking with a colleague I found myself thinking how lucky we are to have access to the simple and profound knowledge of Ayurveda to guide our food choices.
Ayurveda explains that the fresher and closest to nature the food is, the more intelligence it contains. Plants, like humans, need to protect themselves against disease creating pathogens. They produce special chemicals for that purpose. When consumed in the form of a whole food, we digest the intelligence, thus absorbing the plant’s ability to fight off ill-health.
- An organic orange has 30% more vitamin C than the average supermarket variety.
- Fresh, organic spinach has 1,50...
Author: Linda Sinden Date Posted: 5 February 2018
Clients regularly share with us their delight in finding a natural product that is side effect free. The ingredients are backed by the weight of traditional use for many years… often hundreds of years. One might say our Ayurvedic herbals are well tested and have stood the test of time.
Maharishi Ayurveda herbal formulations are not random mixtures based on the latest health craze. These formulas are derived from a health science as old as human history. Each formulation is made from whole herbs, because Ayurveda understands Nature's health wisdom is a delica...