Feeling Out Of Balance?
Author: Maharishi Ayurveda Date Posted:15 November 2015
What are your telltale signs?
We all have telltale symptoms when we feel a little out of sorts. Understanding what could be causing these subtle signs of imbalance can help remove or reduce their influence in our lives.
Contrary to what we see about us you can be well and stay well, even if your parents had blood pressure, diabetes or other degenerative diseases. The genetic tendency may be there, but whether it has to express in you can be influenced by your everyday dietary, exercise and lifestyle choices.
If you are experiencing some discomfort there is usually a precipitating cause, a pattern of behavior that has thrown that dosha out of balance.
Check out the typical symptoms of Vata, Pitta and Kapha imbalance. Then select the link to see the key causative factors and the single most important choice you can make to help maintain balance.
Vata out of balance gives rise to
- Worries, overactive mind, sleep problems and difficult breathing.
- Dry cough, sore throat, ear-ache and general fatigue.
- Slow or rapid digestion with gas, intestinal cramps, tendency for poor assimilation and weak tissue.
- Intestinal cramps, menstrual discomfort, lower back pain, irregularity of bowel, constipation and gas to diarrhea in a changeable manner.
- Dry or rough skin, nervousness, shakiness, poor blood flow, and stress-related problems.
Pitta out of balance gives rise to
- Blood shot eyes and poor vision
- Skin rashes and acne
- A demanding perfectionist attitude with workaholic tendencies
- Over supply of stomach acid eg reflux
- Early greying and balding
- Fits of anger, impatience and temper
Kapha out of balance gives rise to
- Sinus congestion and a poor sense of smell
- Poor sense of taste, and food cravings due to a lack of fulfilment
- Impaired digestion, cold and heavy with poor absorption
- Lethargy, respiratory problems and lower back pain
- Weight gain, with oily skin and loose or painful joints
- Depression and low mood state
As the saying goes “knowledge is power” and the application of knowledge gives results! So this week be empowered by learning more about yourself and what you can do to restore balance when those niggling telltale symptoms arise.
Wishing you the bliss of balance