Solving your health puzzle
Author: Maharishi Ayurveda Date Posted:28 November 2016
- Do you feel that your physical or mental energy resources are flagging?
- Do you experience tiredness and stiffness in the morning?
- Do you experience itchiness, skin rashes or acne?
- Do you get sinus build up when you eat dairy products or other foods?
- Do you retain fluid in your hands and feet?
- Do you feel bloated?
- Do you experience mood swings, PMT or find your breasts become tender and hold water during menstruation?
- Do you feel easily overwhelmed or suffer from low moods?
- Have you gained weight and find it difficult to reduce?
- Are you making slow recovery from an illness?
If you have said yes to one or more of the questions above then it is likely that your body’s lymphatic system is clogged and needs a helping hand.
According to Ayurveda the lymph system has a dual role in maintaining health and longevity. Firstly it helps to carry nutrition around the body and into the cells so that all cells, organs and systems have exactly what they need.
Secondly the lymph is the place where waste, debri or toxicity is taken, much like a waste station. From there the body uses the lymph system to drain or remove the accumulated wastes out of your body.
When the lymph becomes congested it impacts both your physical energy and also impacts your mental functions and emotional wellbeing. Much like a car that runs poorly when the oil is thick, so too our liver, lymphatic system and brain all function poorly when congested. So now you can see why keeping your lymph flowing is really important.
Fortunately there are some simple choices you can make to help your mind and body get back their usual vigour
Step 1: Targeted Lymph Scrubbing Support
- Take ½ tsp of Organic Manjistha after meals 3 times a day and ½ tsp at bedtime.
- Take 1 capsule of Organic Neem after meals 3 times a day and 1 capsule at bedtime.
- Take 1 tablet of Guggul Organic after meals 3 times a day
- Use Herbal Nasal Oil before leaving home in the morning and again around 5pm.
Manjistha is red in colour and is naturally loaded with antioxidants to support and cleanse the lymph and liver. Research has shown it boosts antioxidants glutathione, super-oxide dismutase and catalase. It also helps healthy fat metabolism.
Neem is a traditional herb used to promote health of the body’s inner and outer skin. Neem helps to scrub the intestine of undesirable microbes while encouraging the growth of healthy bacteria. It supports the health of the inner skin and intestinal lymph drainage.
Guggul is a wonder herbal that helps to cleanse impurities and supports digestion, immunity and energy. Guggul is traditionally referred to as “the one that protects against diseases”
Herbal Nasal Oil helps to detox the sinus area and the fluids that surround your brain.
Step 2: eat these delicious antioxidant-rich foods
- Blueberries, strawberries and raspberries, cherries, beets, tumeric, pomegranates and cranberries.
- Fill 50% of your plate with green veges as they are alkalising and help to move lymph.
Step 3: be well hydrated and help your lymph system flush out toxins
- Sip hot water every 10-25 minutes each day for 2 weeks. Make up a flask and sip it through the day
Step 4: dry body brush daily
- Dry brush your skin daily with raw silk gloves. See Garshan instructions here
Step 5: move about each day
- Take opportunities to be active as physical activity helps to move the fluids in the lymph around the body. Aim to walk for 20-30 minutes or more most days.
Follow this programme for 1 month and if you are feeling lighter and have more energy then consider doing it for another 1-2 months.
Wishing you the bliss of balance..