Vata Profile - Motion
"Keep a calming, regular routine..."
Vata governs all movement in the mind and body. Vata is the most important dosha and keeping it in a state of balance is essential - especially when combating stress, overload and the aging process.
- The senses
- Creative thinking & reasoning
- Quality of voice
- Memory and movement of thought
- Movement of food through the digestive tract
- Elimination of wastes
- Sexual function
- Blood flow & heart rhythm
Each dosha has basic underlying primordial elements. For Vata these elements are Air and Space.
Each dosha has certain qualities. For vata these qualities are: moving, changeable, quick, light, dry, rough, hard, cold and fluctuating.
Vata out of Balance results in
- Worries, overactive mind, sleep problems and difficulty breathing.
- Dry coughs, sore throats, earaches and generalised fatigue.
- Slow or rapid digestion with gas, intestinal cramps, tendency for poor assimilating and weak tissue.
- Intestinal cramps, menstrual discomfort, lower back pain, irregularity of bowel - constipation and gas to diarrhoea, in a changeable manner.
- Dry or rough skin, nervousness, shakiness, poor blood flow, and stress-related problems.
Vata in Balance Results in
- Mental alertness
- Proper formation of body tissues
- Normal elimination
- Strong immunity
- Sound sleep
- Sense of exhilaration
Tips to help you balance VATA
- Use Vata balancing products: drink Vata Tea and season meals with Vata Seasoning; have an Almond Energy drink in the late afternoon; drink Worry Free Tea at bedtime; diffuse calming Vata Aroma Oil in the environment.
- Have a massage with Vata Massage Oil prior to a bath.
- Get plenty of rest and be in bed early.
- Products as a tonic to balance Vata:
- Follow the general dietary guidelines to balance Vata (a PDF Dietary Guide)
- Book a personal Maharishi Ayurveda consultation so the best balancing strategies can be identified for you. Contact Us
Vata Balancing Products
|Stress Relief (MA686)
Strengthens body's adaptation to stress. Supports healthy immune function
|Worry Free (MA1401)
Balances emotions; enhances energy, reduces symptoms of anxiety, reduces irritability, promotes deeper sleep
|Nervous System Support (MA151)
Supports the mind and nourishes the nervous system