Author: Linda Sinden Date Posted:22 January 2018
As the longer days of summer offer options for more play and longer days, are you feeling the need for a summer tonic to help support energy and remove fatigue?
Summer is the time where heat increases both outside and within us. To maintain balance we naturally lean towards foods that help to cool us down like sweet fruits and fresh crisp salads. I am particularly enjoying lettuce leaves straight from our garden with fresh parsley or basil. I’m also enjoying crisp sweet apples and pears and juicy nectarines. I’m in heaven! What foods are you naturally drawn to at the moment?
As food is considered to be a medicine in Ayurveda the first way to increase energy, satisfaction and remove fatigue is to favour Pitta balancing foods. Select this link to view Pitta balancing foods > What Pitta balancing foods are you naturally including in your diet while the weather is warm?
Additionally there is a potentised berry fruit that is especially helpful during summer and is also useful at other times of the year too.
Amla Berry Plus
The Amla Berry is a small berry fruit of the Indian Gooseberry known as Emblica Officinalis, Phyllanthus Emblica or Terminalia Emblica in Latin. It is a rich, natural source of vitamin C with 3,000mg per berry fruit. In addition each berry is packed with other ingredients that help to
- Increase energy and stamina
- Support cellular regeneration (which is the process by which tired, old cells are replaced by vital, new ones). This helps to remove fatigue and naturally promote energy and vitality.
- Enhance protein synthesis, which is why it is good for strengthening muscles and building lean muscle mass.
- Is used by those who exercise, athletes and bodybuilders as a natural way to tone muscles and build lean mass.
- It is traditionally used to:
- Strengthen immunity
- Enhance food absorption
- Balance hyperacidity
- Fortify the liver
- Nourish the brain and mental functioning
- Support the heart
- Strengthen the lungs
- Regulate elimination
- Enhance fertility
- Help the urinary system
- Support skin health and appearance
- Promote healthier hair
- Act as a body coolant
- Flush out toxins
- Increase vitality
- Strengthen the eyes
- Improve muscle tone
- Act as an antioxidant
- Provide an excellent source of Vitamin C
Maharishi Ayurveda processes Amla according to the Vedic texts which specify using only wild Indian Gooseberry and employing a multiple drying and dipping method that dramatically increases the potency.
Herbals containing Amla
There are five key herbal formulas that contain Amla. Review them below to see which ones would be most suitable for you this summer:
- Premium Amla Berry Plus - Containing only Amla Berry this is the one to choose if you are wanting a high potency formula prepared the ancient way for optimal assimilation: Take 2-4 tablets 15-30 minutes prior breakfast and evening meals.
- Digest Tone - Amla berry is combined with Haritaki and Vibhitaki to rejuvenate and tone the digestive tract. Take as per bottle.
- Pitta Rasayana - A wonderful tonic for summer Amla is combined with Ash Bourd to balance Pitta disturbances. It is use to help balance tendency for anger, hyperacidity, dyspepsia, heat disorder, hypertension, asthma, general weakness and lack of assimilation
- Amrit Kalash Nectar - Enhances coordination of mental and physical functions. Supports balance between the heart and the brain. It is a powerful antioxidant.
- Aci-Balance- The special blend of herbs in Aci-Balance supports digestion helping to maintain balanced ease and comfort in the stomach and small intestine.
Lastly Maharishii Ayurveda processes Amla in a way that dramatically increases its potency. Isn’t that great! The Vedic texts specify using only wild Indian Gooseberry and employing a multiple drying and dipping method then the dramatically increases the potency.
Wishing you the bliss of balance this summer!
Linda Sinden and the Get Balance Team