IS YOUR PARTNER CURRENTLY
- Lethargic, sometimes low in mood, needs to be motivated
- Complacent or slow moving
- Over-weight or gaining weight
- Experiencing congestion
- Experiencing oily skin
- Feeling stiff and heavy (especially in the morning)
- In need of a coffee or two to get started in the morning?
Balancing their Kapha will create increased strength, endurance and energy, while reducing congestion, sluggishness, fluid retention, weight gain and low moods.
When in balance Kapha people enjoy sound health, have a strong, well proportioned healthy body weight, with excellent stamina and immunity. They are sympathetic, courageous, loving, happy, tranquil, steady and generous by nature.
When you notice signs of Kapha imbalance in your partner here's what you can do...
5 WAYS TO ENERGISE AND STIMULATE
- Indulge with delicious home-cooked meals full of Kapha settling foods. Reduce carbohydrates or refined flours, cakes, pastries, pasta, ice cream, fried foods and avoid heavy meals or animal proteins in the evening as they can be hard to digest and give rise to congestion when you wake.
Use Kapha seasonal spice mixtures - called Kapha Churna - which contains stimulating spices. Choose foods that are light dry, or warm and reduce heavy, oily and cold foods.
Favour pungent, bitter and astringent tastes and reduce foods with sweet, sour or salty tastes. Eat plenty of lentils and beans with whole grains like barley and cooked vegetables. Spice generally with thyme, basil, mint, oregano, cumin, turmeric, fresh ginger and black pepper.
Once a week encourage them to have a light food day. Have soups, juices and herbal teas throughout the day. This light food day allows the digestion to re-set itself and to clean out any impurities that may have accumulated from sluggish digestion.
- Rise early every morning and avoid daytime sleep. 6-10am is Kapha time of the day so it's best to be up with the rising sun to avoid feeling sluggish and to get a good start on your day. First thing is the best time for a Kapha to exercise. They love company so why not go for a walk with them first thing if your schedule and family commitments allow.
- Be Active Most Days - daily exercise is the best way to avoid stagnation and the accumulation of toxins in the body. It is essential when wanting to shed excess fluid and weight, reduce stiffness and sluggishness and improve mood and energy. So put on those walking shoes...
- Bring warmth and stimulation into the surroundings and regular activity
- Aroma therapy: use warm, stimulating aromas such as cloves, camphor, ginger, cinnamon, eucalyptus, juniper and marjoram.
- Use warm and bright colours in their surroundings, such as warm and bright yellow, orange and red.
- Space Clearing: Kapha types can like to hold on to things which causes congestion or clutter around them. Regularly clean out or give away things that you know you'll never use again and avoid clutter from accumulating in your home, office, car and other physical spaces.
- Break the routine with change - every week do something different or out of the ordinary.
- Stay warm, avoid dampness and use dry heat if you are congested, such as a heating pad under your back or a sunlamp at your chest. Avoid exposing your nose, throat and lungs to cold winter air especially when not feeling well.
If you've noticed that your partner's or your own imbalances are high or difficult to manage, professional help may make all the difference. Use our Ask an Expert service for herbals to help.
Wishing you the bliss of happy and fulfilling relationships
The Get Balance Team
Everyday herbals for Kaphas