Rice – Basmati, Red Shali or other wholesome rice with both husk and inner shell removed (polished).
This diet is recommended in case of low agni (low digestive power) combined with pitta mind-body type or pitta imbalance.
Food should in general be fresh, well-cooked, tasty, enjoyable, satisfying and it should be taken regularly, timely and in proper amount, in a settled environment.
Good Digest Tips
All grains should be one year old when used.
Wheat – Preparations made from finely ground whole wheat flour.
- Biscuits with low content of fat and sugar
- Light bread toasted
- Unleavened bread such as light, fresh and well-cooked chapatti, Arabic bread, tortilla etc.
Barley– Light preparations such as soup, crackers, unleavened bread etc.
- Rice, dry fried, then boiled and prepared as soup
- Rice, dry fried and then steamed or boiled
- Steamed or boiled rice
- Light preparations made from rice flour
- “Puffed” rice (Laja)
Yellow mung beans (green husk removed)
- Liquid dahl preparation
- Prepared with rice as Peya (thin soup) or Vilepi (thick soup).
Well-cooked and in juicy or “soupy” preparation.
- Asparagus, artichoke, white pumpkin, zucchini, cucumber, spinach, cabbage, chicory (or similar bitter vegtable), celery (not root), tender eggplant, tender white radish (prepared with some fat), green papaya.
Low fat milk, goats milk, butter milk, lassi, ghee (in small amounts).
White sugar in small amounts.
Sunflower and olive oil in very small amounts, and only for cooking. Ghee is preferable.
Coriander, cumin, ginger (small amounts), turmeric, fennel, cinnamon, cardamom, lemon juice.
Ripe and in season.
- Grapes, raisins (soaked, chewed well and in small amounts), pomegranate, papaya (small amounts), pineapple (only if very sweet), fig, apricot (fresh), persimmon.
- Juice of Pitta pacifying fruits in general.
If you have a specific imbalance that you need help with consider asking a question – Ask the Expert, or having a personal consultation in person or via skype/phone.
The Get Balance Team
Every-day herbals for Pittas