Pitta Profile - Metabolism
"Moderation and keeping cool is the key..."
Pitta is the hot dosha, governing all heat, metabolism and transformation in the mind and body. It processes food, air, and water through the entire system and converts these elements into energy. Pitta also helps with the digestion and assimilation of experiences, thoughts and feelings, and how we discriminate between right and wrong.
- Functioning of the eyes
- Healthy glow of the skin
- Desire, drive & decisiveness
- Digestion, assimilation & metabolism for healthy nutrients and tissues
- Healthy & toxin-free blood
Each dosha has underlying primordial elements. For Pitta these are Fire and Water.
Each dosha has certain qualities. For Pitta these are hot, oily, sharp, acidic, fluid, and intense by nature.
Pitta Out of Balance results in
- Blood shot eyes and poor vision
- Skin rashes and acne
- A demanding perfectionist with workaholic tendencies
- Over supply of stomach acid
- Early greying and balding
- Fits of anger, impatience and temper
Pitta in Balance Results in
- Normal heat and thirst mechanisms
- Strong digestion
- Sharp intellect
- Lustrous complexion
Tips to help you balance PITTA
- Use Pitta balancing products: drink Pitta tea through the day and season meals with Pitta Seasoning, drink Rajas Cup after meals and diffuse cooling Pitta Aroma Oil in the environment.
- Have an Almond Energy drink as part of breakfast, and Worry Free Tea at bedtime.
- Have regular mealtimes, especially at noon and reduce coffee intake.
- Make time for leisure.
- Herbal products as a tonic to balance Pitta:
- Follow the general dietary guidelines to balance Pitta (a PDF Guide)
- Book a personal Maharishi Ayurveda consultation so the best balancing strategies can be identified for you. Contact Us
Pitta Balancing Products
Helps balance excess stomach acid and enhance digestion
|Elim Tox-O (MA1663)
Gently purifies the liver and blood; improves the ability of the liver to digest fast and filter impurities; enhances absorption of nutrients
|Regen Vitality (MA1)
A powerful antioxidant for all ages