|Your results indicate a need to balance airy Vata. When balancing Vata slow down, adopt a regular routine, stay warm and early to bed!
Keeping Vata in a state of balance is essential - especially when combating stress, overload and the ageing process.
When you notice early signs of Vata imbalance such as feeling out of control, racing mind, missing meals leading to weight loss, feeling restless, anxious and not sleeping well - its time to slow down, take time to meditate, don’t skip meals, keep warm and get to bed earlier.
The bliss of balance is well worth the little bit of effort required to establish new routines and habits.
A regular routine is key to grounding airy Vata, so you are not carried away into the ether.
- Aim to be in bed by 10 pm and awaken 6am
- Meditate or take quite time each day
- Eat your meals at regular times
- Have a daily bowel motion, ideally first thing in the morning. If this is an issue for you consider taking Digest Tone 2-4 tablets at bedtime.
Choose warm food and drinks and stop at regular intervals to refuel.
- Favour oily, warm and heavy foods. The best tastes to balance Vata are sweet, salty and sour tastes. Minimise foods that are pungent, bitter or astringent. *
- Try Vata tea and Vata Churna - organic spice mixture that balances vata when sprinkled over savoury foods.
- To reduce gas and bloating or to support a regular appetite consider taking Digest Plus 1 tablet after meals.
- Use fresh ginger root in cooking and sip ginger tea throughout the day in cooler weather.
Keep warm and avoid becoming chilled. Keep your head covered in cold weather and wear adequate clothing appropriate for the season.
Get adequate sleep. The time you go to bed matters.
- Be in bed by 10.00 pm light out for a restful sleep. Awaken at 6am
- Keep the bedroom free of tv, computers, mobiles, etc. It is a place for sleep.
- Wind down before bed with a cup of Slumber Time Tea.
- If you have difficulty going to sleep consider taking Blissful Sleep tablets. If you wake in the night consider taking Deep Rest tablets.
Be active most days and take care not to push yourself beyond the limits of your energy. Choose light exercise that enhance balance and flexibility such as Yoga, Qi Gong, Tai Chi, walking and short hikes, light bicycling, light tennis, golf, dance, and aerobics.
Use all your senses to calm Vata
- Give yourself a daily oil massage using heavier oils like sesame, almond or Vata Massage oil. See how>> Get regular massages too
- Touch and be touched regularly by the people you love
- Choose soothing and calming music
- Heavy and warming aromas are most settling for Vata - Try the Vata Aroma Oil, basil, bay, cinnamon, citrus, cloves, frankincense, lavender, pine, sage, and vanilla.
- Surround yourself and dress with warm colours such as earth colours, pastels, browns and warm yellows.
If you have a specific imbalance that you need help with consider asking a question – Ask the Expert, or having a personal consultation in person or via skype/phone.
The Get Balance Team
Every-day herbals for Vatas