In need of calming and settling?
IS YOUR PARTNER CURRENTLY
- Fast moving
- Prone to insomnia
- Experiencing spells of forgetfulness
- Experiencing dry skin and constipation
If yes, balancing their Vata will create more energy, clarity and creativity, while decreasing restlessness and anxiety. Keeping Vata in a state of balance is essential, especially when combating stress, overload and the ageing process.
When you notice early signs of Vata imbalance in your partner such as feeling out of control, racing mind, missing meals leading to weight loss, feeling restless, anxious and not sleeping well - its time to help them slow down, take time to relax or meditate, to eat regularly. Avoid skipping meals, keep warm and get to bed early. Here's what to do...
5 WAYS TO CALM AND RELAX
- Touch your partner regularly; pamper them with a warm Vata Massage Oil body massage followed by a warm bath. Give them a strong cup of Vata tea while they are resting in the bath and add 3-4 drops of Vata Aroma Oil to the bath water for a relaxing and delightful experience.
- Sleeping between the hours of 10pm and 6am, 5-7 nights per week is really important for them. Going to bed by 10pm may well be the make or break of getting a good night's sleep. At bedtime, massage their feet with a little warm sesame oil or Vata Massage Oil for five minutes. Wipe off excess oil with a soft paper towel. Encourage them to do the same for you. It's a wonderfully soothing experience and gives a great night's sleep. If they have difficulty going to sleep suggest they take 2 tablets of Blissful Sleep at bedtime with a cup of Slumber Time Tea. If they tend to wake in the night suggest they take 2 tablets of Deep Rest at bedtime along with a cup of Slumber Time Tea.
- Eat and drink regularly. Favour warm Vata settling food and drinks. Create a settled and calm eating environment. When feeling stressed it is best for your partner to take a few moments to breathe deeply and relax before eating. Suggest alternatives to coffee and caffeinated drinks and encourage them to only take alcohol at special occasions. When cooking a meal for them use Vata seasonal spice mixture- called Vata Churna - to delight their taste buds while helping to balance Vata. When Vata imbalance causes gas and bloating bring in Digest Plus 1-2 tablets following meals. If they suffer from constipation (a common symptom of bata imbalance) then taking 2 tablets of Digest Tone prior evening meal and 2- 4 tablets at bedtime helps to restore daily bowel regularity.
- As Vatas are very sensitive to stress aim to reduce stress
- Meditate together, (doing Transcendental Meditation together is a great way to de-stress and feel close).
- Give them 2 tablets of Stress Relief prior breakfast and evening meals and 1-2 tablets of Worry Free after breakfast and evening meals.
- Choose soothing and calming music
- Use warm colours such as earth colours, pastels, browns and warm yellows in your surroundings.
- If they are a little worn down bring in the big guns of Amrit Kalash - MA5 and MA7 to help settle and bring about balance more quickly.
- Stay Warm: when the weather is cold or windy be sure the head is covered and keep the house and bedroom at a comfortable warm temperature. If you've noticed that your partner's or your own imbalances are high or difficult to manage, professional help may make all the difference. Use our Ask an Expert service for herbals to help.
Wishing you the bliss of happy and fulfilling relationships
The Get Balance Team
Everyday herbals for Vatas