Stressed and Exhausted?
Author: Maharishi Ayurveda Date Posted:19 October 2015
Over time some people gradually find they become tired and unable to deal with stress. While others may have a sudden change in health from one day to the next and experience a health ‘break-down’. What is your tendency?
With constant and long term stress people find they become tired and sometimes feel wired and hyper alert all the time. The stress can be due to emotional or physical overload.
- Emotional causes of stress can include work stress, divorce, death of a loved one, constant financial stress or constant deadlines.
- Physical causes of stress can include chronic illness, over-exercising, alcohol or substance abuse, sleep deprivation, accident or injury.
When too much stress long-term, whether emotional or physical, is put on a person wear and tear increases in the body and the adrenal glands become exhausted. The following symptoms arise
- fatigue, depression, low blood pressure, anxiety, brain fog, allergies, flu-like symptoms, fibromyalgia, PMS, an inability to deal with stress, depression, sleep issues, inability to get up in the morning and cravings for sweet salty and sweet food and drinks
Restoring balance from adrenal fatigue requires
- Balancing your energy expenditure and increasing cellular metabolism
- Attention on what you eat and drink to balance low blood sugars and reduce food sensitivities and allergies.
- Providing mental ease by reducing stress.
4 Steps to Adrenal Health
1. A helping hand
Sometimes the body needs a helping hand to restore your mental and physical resources. This is especially the case when feeling exhausted and fatigued.
Increase your cellular energy and mental resources while nourishing and supporting the adrenals by supplementing with
- Premium Amla Berry 2 tablets prior meals 3 times a day.
- Stress Relief 1 tablet with Amla Berry Plus prior meals 3 times day.
- To increase your mental energy take Worry Free tablets 1 tablet 30-60 minutes after breakfast and evening meals.
- Drink 1.5 litres of Tranquilitea between rising time and 8pm.
- If you have difficulty sleeping have a cup of Slumbertime tea 30 minutes prior bed along with 2 tablets of Worry Free.
2. How to balance your energy expenditure
Get the right balance of energy spent, energy conserved and energy created by bringing your daily routine in step with the rhythms of nature. Complete the Mind-Body Balance Questionnaire to see which of Vata Pitta or Kapha is currently most in need of being balanced. Once you know, choose from below some simple tips for restoring balance
Vata balancing tips
Pitta balancing tips
Kapha balancing tips
3. Attention to what you eat and drink
When your adrenals become exhausted it leads to low blood sugar (hypoglycaemia), food sensitivities and allergies. Favouring foods that suit you is an important first step when restoring mind body balance. Once you know your mind body type of imbalance from the questionnaire then select from the options below:
4. Mental Ease
Allowing the mind to experience a very deep state of rest that is twice as deep as that at the point of 6-8 hours sleep through ‘self transcending,’ is a great help when recovering from adrenal exhaustion or the fatigue of burn out.
Self-transcending is what occurs with practice of Transcendental Meditation – a simple mental technique that has been shown to increase the happiness hormone serotonin. The unique state of restful alertness experienced when transcending activates the body’s own healing power and increase inner happiness and peace and increasing your resilience to stress - a must when developing mental ease. Learn more>>
Wishing you the bliss of balance