|Your results indicate a need to balance relaxed and laid back - Earthy Kapha.
When balancing the cold, heavy and dense qualities of Kapha the key is stimulation from regular exercise, warming diet and new sights, sounds and experiences.
When in balance Kaphas enjoy sound health, have a strong, well proportioned healthy body weight, with excellent stamina and immunity. They are sympathetic, courageous, loving, happy, tranquil, steady and generous by nature.
When you notice signs of Kapha imbalance such as feeling lethargic, complacent or slow moving, prone to easy weight gain, congestion, oily skin, or feel stiff and heavy, especially in the morning - its time to bring in more stimulation ...
- Rise early every morning and avoid daytime sleep. 6-10am is Kapha time of the day so it's best to be up with the rising sun to avoid feeling sluggish and to get a good start on your day!
- Diet: Indulge yourself with delicious home-cooked meals. Choose foods that are light dry, or warm and reduce heavy, oily and cold foods. Favour pungent, bitter and astringent tastes and reduce foods with sweet, sour or salty tastes. Eat plenty of lentils and beans with whole grains like barley and cooked vegetables. Spice generally with thyme, basil, mint, oregano, cumin, turmeric, fresh ginger and black pepper.
- Be Active Most Days - Daily exercise is the best way to avoid stagnation and the accumulation of toxins in the body. It is essential when wanting to shed excess fluid and weight, reduce stiffness and sluggishness and improve mood and energy. So put on those walking shoes
- Once a week have a light food day – Have soups, juices and herbal teas throughout the day. This light food day allows the digestion to re-set itself and to clean out any impurities that may have accumulated from sluggish digestion.
- Stay warm, avoid dampness and use dry heat if you are congested - such as a heating pad under your back or a sunlamp at your chest. Avoid exposing your nose, throat and lungs to cold winter air especially when not feeling well.
Space Clearing - Kaphas can like to hold on to things which causes congestion or clutter around them. REgularly clean out or give away things that you know you'll never use again and avoid clutter from accumulating in your home, office, car and other physical spaces.
Aroma Therapy - Use warm, stimulating aromas such as cloves, camphor, ginger, cinnamon, eucalyptus, juniper and marjoram.
Wear warm and bright colours and include them in your surroundings - such as warm and bright yellow, orange and red.
If you have a specific imbalance that you need help with consider asking a question – Ask our expert, or having a personal consultation in person or via skype/phone.
The Get Balance Team
Every-day herbals for Kaphas