Author: Linda Sinden Date Posted:1 February 2018
With the start of February school starts again for families, christmas holidays are behind us and another year lies ahead. At this time take a moment and consider..
● Are you satisfied with where you're heading in life?
● Do you feel positive, fulfilled with what you're achieving?
● Are you connected with your inner self?
● Do you feel at peace with any past shock or trauma that you may have experienced?
If the answer is yes then you are experiencing inner resilience.
There can be times when your sense of peace and well-being are tested. You may feel dissatisfied for no apparent reason, disconnected from your inner self, or feel that your life lacks adequate meaning and purpose.
These are common warning signs of stress overload, and signal that it is time to relax.
The following inner self stress check provides a quick 'at a glance' assessment of how your inner world is contributing to good and bad stress in your life. Can you say yes to one or more of the following?
Lately I have:
- Felt my life lacks adequate meaning and purpose
- Felt dissatisfied for no apparent reason
- Unresolved grief or past shock/trauma weighing me down
- Felt disconnected from my inner self
- Felt my direction in life is no longer satisfying me
Here are some key action steps to aid relaxation and nurture your inner self:
- Take time to identify what you really want at this stage in your life. Is there someone you trust who you can talk with?
- Learn or practice techniques that help you to be in touch' with yourself, your needs and aspirations. Consider learning meditation or if you already know how, then establish a daily time. Learn more about Transcendental Meditation NZ | AUS
- Allow the inner artist or creator to emerge - draw, write, sculpt, play - whatever gets your creativity flowing.
- Make small changes; focus on small, achievable goals. Sip a Worry Free Tea throught out the day or you may prefer Tranquilitea instead?
- Build your Serotonin levels - laugh, cry and scream! Or consider talking Blissful Joy which will help too!
- Get adequate sleep - be in bed by 10pm and rise with the sun or by 6.00am. A walk in the rising sun does wonders! Consider taking Slumber Time Tea around 9.30pm and if you have difficulty going to sleep also take 2 tablets of Blissful Sleep with the Slumber Time Tea. If you tend to wake in the night then take Deep Rest 2 tablets instead of Blissful Joy.
- Get a helping hand to feel mentally and physically energised. Take Amla Berry Plus 2-4 tablets prior breakfast and evening meals with Fatigue Free 2 tablets after breakfast and evening meals.
Remember to never underestimate the importance of good nutrition, exercise, sleep and a listening ear, when you need one.
Watch for the signs that your WOF is due! How? Catch your early symptoms of physical stress and act immediately to avoid stress overload. Ayurveda recommends a seasonal pulse check or consultation 4 times a year to help address symptoms before they build to overload.
As the saying goes.. A stitch in time saves nine. Click here to learn about a personal consultation.
Linda Sinden and the Get Balance team