About Tulsi - Holy Basil
Author: Linda Sinden Date Posted:18 June 2018
Next time you see a Basil plant at the local market, vegetable shop or supermarket pause a moment to think about the closely related Sweet Basil Plant.
In medicinal doses Ocimum Sanctum (familiar name Holy Basil and sanskrit name Tulsi or Tulasi), is considered to purify the body, mind and spirit. Traditionally Sweet Basil is used
- with colds and flus to help purity and cleanse the respiratory tract of toxins
- to help relieve digestive gas and bloating
- when antioxidant support would be useful especially when under stress or feeling low
- to support the body providing anti-inflammatory support
- In the treatment of pain and joint discomfort
- to support healthy blood sugar levels
- to support healthy cholesterol and triglyceride levels
- to enhance immune support
Tulsi is a powerful herbal on it’s own or in combination. Ayurveda has mastered the ability to synergistically increase the power of herbals by preparing them in traditional ways and combining herbs that work to enhance each other. So here below are some herbal combinations that work well with Holy Basil:
- Bio Immune helps support the immune system naturally. Amazingly it takes six months to prepare and combines purifying herbs along with nourishing minerals such as mica, zinc and pearl.
- Sniffle Free Tea with a minty flavour helps the body resist cold weather and maintain healthy fluid balance throughout the day. Holy Basil in this formulation helps to support the long-term health of the respiratory system.
- Aller Breathe opens up the microcirculatory channels and promotes resistance against allergens.
- Aller Defence helps strengthen the immune system and supports a normal histamine response without drowsiness or dullness.
- Healthy Hair and Nails strengthens and balances the metabolic processes that support healthy hair and nail growth and resistance to stress which can be damaging to hair health and growth.
Adding Holy Basil to your prevention or restoration of balance plan is a good idea this winter. Choose from one of the formulas above based on your current symptoms and needs.
Wishing you the bliss of balance