How’s your Blood Pressure?
Author: Linda Sinden Date Posted:17 July 2019
Does this sound familiar?
"All of my life I've driven myself and worked hard. I hadn't realised that living under this constant pressure could cause high blood pressure. I changed my diet, took supplements and exercised regularly. Yet my blood pressure remained dangerously high. In desperation I said to my doctor there just has to be something! She asked me ‘have you done Transcendental Meditation?’ and gave me the phone number of a teacher. As I learnt meditation my thoughts slowed down, my heart stopped racing. It is so deeply restful. As the stress unwound within me my blood pressure came down to normal.
Balanced with an understanding of my body type, along with an understanding of my lifestyle and dietary needs I now feel like life is back under control again. Taking Cardio Support, BP Balance and Stress Free Emotions has been very helpful.” - Paula
BP Balance Tips
Did you know that your blood pressure changes from moment to moment? It is affected by your body position, emotional state, levels of stress, physical activity, sleep and relaxation techniques like meditation. Often changes in lifestyle may be all that is required to lower raised blood pressure. Sometimes herbal support is very helpful. At times medication from your doctor may be recommended.
- Cardio Support
Ayurveda recognises an intimate connection between the feeling level and the function of our heart. Cardio Support contains Arjuna which is traditionally known to help strengthen the heart for emotional challenges, while supporting multi-levels of the heart. Additionally it supports the body’s natural resistance to stress while helping to cleanse the cardiovascular channels.
- BP Balance
This powerful formula supports healthy heart function and healthy blood pressure by helping to cleanse and nourish the circulatory system, particularly with elevated cholesterol levels
- Stress Free Emotions
One client commented to me that when they take two tablets of Stress Free Emotions they very quickly find their emotions become smooth, they feel more able to cope with day to day stress and feel more positive and happy. The combination of Arjuna, Amla and Ashwagandha help to increase resistance to emotional stress and fatigue. They help to reduce anger & frustration and support an increase of self-confidence, positive thinking and motivation.
Yes please! Stress Free Emotions is just what’s needed in the busy and fast paced world many of us live in. Consider adding it to your daily regimen even if your blood pressure is fine!
Tips for Boosting Heart Health
- Avoid spending excessive amounts of time watching TV, performing mental work or working late at night
- Make it a point to get deep sleep each night. Early to bed and early to rise
- Eat organic, fresh foods where possible. Avoid rich foods that are high in fat
- Eat in a settled, quiet atmosphere
- Eat home-cooked meals as much as possible
- Avoid fast-food restaurants
- Avoid coffee and carbonated beverages. Caffeine may increase your blood pressure
- Make sure you get enough exercise every day. According to Maharishi Ayurveda, exercise increases heart strength, depletes excess fat and brings a feeling of lightness to the body
- Create a home environment that is pleasing and restful to the senses
- Avoid emotional confrontations. Nurture your heart with love and affection
- Avoid anger, pressured work habits, and worrying. Use mild rather than pungent spices in your food
- If you’re under stress, practice the Transcendental Meditation programme which has been proven in more than 600 scientific studies to reduce stress and related diseases such as hypertension, atherosclerosis and stroke
- If you are under pressure, feeling nervous and anxious, give yourself an Ayurvedic oil massage (abhyanga) regularly
- Remember: Happiness is divine medicine for your heart.
Wishing you the bliss of balance, today, this week and always!