How's your sleep?
Author: Linda Sinden Date Posted:23 April 2021
Would you say you wake feeling rested, clear and alert?
- If you are a mum or dad with young ones then the answer is probably no or sometimes.
- If you have had irregular sleep patterns (indicating an imbalance of Vata dosha) for a while then the answer is likely to be no.
- If you tend to sleep well past the rising sun (indicator of Kapha imbalance), then you may feel more dull or sluggish when you get out of bed.
- If your sleep is disturbed by feeling too hot or confronting angry dreams (indicator of Pitta imbalance), then you may wake up feeling like you have had active night and may not feel so rested.
What’s the impact?
You already know that lack of sleep doesn't feel good and it also puts you at greater risk of physical illness such as inflammation, high blood pressure, heart disease, kidney disease, stroke and cognitive issues. People with poor quality of sleep report they comfort eat, can make rash decisions or mistakes, experience worry or anxiety, low mood or depression or have less control over irritation and bouts of anger. On a lighter note it also increases the tendency for wrinkles!
So this week our focus is to help you wake feeling rested, clear and alert after a rejuvenating peaceful and undisturbed sleep.
Difficulty Going to Sleep?
Take 1-2 tablets of Blissful Sleep along with a cup of Slumber Time tea about half an hour before bed.
- Helps to calms a busy or worried mind so you can fall asleep more easily
- Supports balance of the mind, senses and nervous system
- Helps to gently nourish and repairs damage from prolonged sleep problems
- Supports coordination between the heart and mind to enhance sense of well being and contentment
- Helps boost resistance to stress
Take 2 tablets of Deep Rest along with a cup of Slumber Time tea about half an hour before bed.
- Deep Rest helps with falling asleep more easily, and returning to sleep when awakened.
- Helps to calms a frustrated mind so you can sleep peacefully
- Helps with falling asleep and staying asleep
- Supports good quality of sleep
- Helps to normalize the body from the effects of prolonged sleep problems
- Balances and calms the mind, senses and nervous system
Wishing you the contentment and ease of a great night’s sleep where you wake up feeling rested, clear and alert. So take a moment to support falling asleep easily with Blissful Sleep or staying asleep with Deep Rest. I have had good results with both for clients needing sleep support.
Linda and The Get Balance Team