Teen Skin Irritations
Author: Linda Sinden Date Posted:2 April 2018
If you are a teen, parent or extended family member of a teen who is struggling with acne, pimples or skin irritations then read on.
“Youvana Pidaka”, the Ayurvedic description of youth skin irritation respond well to simple interventions that require minimal expenditure.The following tips can make a real difference and quite quickly.
So first let’s understand what is happening within a teen’s body. With the fast pace change of the teen years, hormonal changes, along with dust and pollution, lack of sleep, fatty foods, and dehydration then your amazing body can become overloaded. When the liver and lymph system becomes overloaded impurities back up and are often then eliminated via the skin on the face, chest and upper back. By following the tips below your liver and body’s normal healing mechanisms can help restore balance and support a healthy glowing skin.
- To help control the release of oil wash your face with warm water (not cold) 3-4 times a day. Cold water increases the release of oil.
- Favour a Pitta Pacifying Diet > Pitta balancing foods include bitter tasting foods as they are most helpful with reducing impurities, supporting the liver and cooling the blood. Bitter vegetables include chicory, arugula, endive, cauliflower, artichokes and broccoli.
- Drink 8 cups of water a day. For a greater effect have 2-4 cups of Pitta Tea each day. Avoid ice cold water or drinks as their intense cold is a shock and disrupts digestion. Overtime ice-cold drinks increase impurity from poor digestion.
- To support cleansing of the skin at the deeper levels of skin formation take Radiant Skin tablets as per bottle. To help reduce an allergic effect or when you have an outbreak of skin irritation take 2 tablets of Smooth Skin along with the Radiant Skin prior breakfast and evening meals.
- For topical use: Mix into a paste the powder from 2 capsules of Neem with equivalent powder of turmeric and ginger powder with a little warm water. Then apply topically at bedtime and leave overnight for a minimum of 3 nights. Protect your pillow case with a towel or cloth as turmeric stains.
- Be sure to get 8 hours of sleep per night 4-5 nights a week. Best time is between 10am - 6am.
- Everyday be active for 40 minutes or more. Swing the arms and breathe deeply and get to a light sweat. This opens the channels and allows your body to detox in a natural way. Plus it helps improve mood, increases cognitive function and increases the quality of your sleep. All good reasons to be active for 30 minutes or more most days. Why not walk and talk with a friend...
Wishing you the bliss of balance..
Linda Sinden and the Get Balance Team