Wanting youthful vigour?
Author: Linda Sinden Date Posted:20 August 2020
Have you heard about Chyawanprash?
This traditional formula legend says was initially prepared for a man who found ‘the love of his life’ when he was in his 90’s. So Chyawan went to Ayurvedic experts who specialised in the promotion of life saying he needed to become youthful again to bear children and live a long, happy life with his love. The unique preparation created for him helped to restore his youthful vigour. Thus the name of this exceptionally well known classic Ayurvedic formula became Chyawanprash which means “what Chyawan ate” to restore his youthful vigour.
This delicious nutritive jam offers a wide range of health benefits. It contains only fully ripe Amalaki fruit, the precious bamboo product vanshlochan and a large number of high-quality natural herbs, fruits, roots and spices, all very carefully harvested in the best and most authentic Himalayan regions and other parts of India. This precious formula is prepared following the original recipe from the classical Ayurvedic texts. It is very fortunate at this time to have access to this valuable traditional formula.
When shall I take it?
Chyawanprash is often used as a tonic when one needs a boost or during colder weather when viruses abound. It provides added support for lung health and is considered traditionally to be a respiratory tonic that boosts natural immunity thereby improving natural resistance and is said to lend strength, energy, and vitality to the mind, body and spirit. It is also traditionally used to
- Rejuvenate and promote overall well being at any age. It is considered one of the best family tonics helpful for most ages, from young children to the elderly.
- Strengthens digestion and assimilation.
- Help promote healthy liver function.
- Promote beauty and intelligence.
- Boost memory, retention and recall.
- Build strength and mass without aggravating Kapha dosha.
- Support bone formation.
- Provide a tonic for the heart.
- Promotes natural virility.
- Supports healthy ageing
- Helps to balance all three doshas - vata, pitta and kapha
How to take it?
As Chyawanprash is like a jam, it can be taken alone straight from the teaspoon, or stirred into milk or water. Like any other jam, you can spread it on toast, bread, or crackers. Taking it in warm milk or almond milk helps to carry its rejuvenating and tonifying benefits deep into your tissues.
- Take 1–2 teaspoons, once or twice daily, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
- Children can take ½ teaspoon daily.
- Traditionally it is taken in the morning and evening
- It is used long-term to support overall strength and immunity and after a period of stress or illness.
Save 15% only this week
This week Chyawanprash is on special giving you a whopping 15% saving. I’m going to stock up and I suggest you do too!
Wishing you the bliss of balance.