Keep the fires bright, this winter
Date Posted:16 July 2013
Brrr… it has been cold these last few days. I guess that’s winter!
When a cold snap happens do you notice the chill and head to the warm clothes section of your wardrobe? Or do you relish the cold and think … fabulous, this means great skiing!
When it’s cold outside, our internal thermostats need to ramp up in order to keep us warm. For some this increased internal heat is looked after automatically and the increased demand goes unnoticed.
For others, low resources of energy can highlight the need to strengthen the internal fire in order to:
- Maintain a warm body (including hands and feet)
- Support healthy digestion and daily elimination
- Provide good levels of mental and physical energy
- Reduce the low mood states that some experience during winter
- Protect health with a strong immune system – so that bugs are easily dealt with, keeping you healthy and well this winter.
The importance of Agni
The internal fire in the body is called Agni in Ayurveda. An Ayurvedic metaphor that explains how important a good strong internal fire is to our health and wellbeing is
“When Agni is low one can take nectar and it becomes poison in the body; and when Agni is balanced and strong , then one can take poison and it becomes nectar.“
So this means when our fires of digestion are strong and healthy they protect us, and winter is the time of year when this protection is most needed.
Agni Balancing Herbals
- Body: Digest Tone supports digestion and elimination; assists body in absorbing nutrients
- Mind: Blissful Joy uplifts the emotions naturally and supports emotional resilience
- Immunity: Amrit Kalash Ambrosia a powerful antioxidant - up to 1,000 times more effective than Vitamins C & E. Or Nervous System Support a general rejuvenative and nerve tonic; supports body's natural immune function
Wishing you the bliss of a strong Agni this winter, and always.
The Get Balance Team