Pitta Exercise Recommendations
Date Posted:6 November 2012
Your profile generally has a strong, muscular body with loads of energy and drive, along with a strong desire to win. It is important to avoid overheating while exercising and to ensure you hydrate well, especially when sweating or in hot climates.
To help you stay on track, it is necessary to balance heat and excessive competitive spirit with cooling sports that are more enjoyable than competitive. Your nature is also balanced by sharing accomplishments with others so team sports are good for you.
Exercises best suited to you include walking (which encourages relaxation), swimming, any water related or team sport. Fast paced sports and competitive situations appeal to your profile.
egin your exercise by breathing comfortably through the nose. Monitor your pace and at the point where you would start gulping air through the mouth slow down and re-establish easy nose breathing. After 1-3 minutes at this slower pace then pick up your pace again and see how much further you will get this time before needing to reset your breathing. Over time your fitness will increase and you will be amazed at how easy it is to exercise at a high level while staying in a zone of effortless exercise.
- Frequency – 30 to 60 minutes daily
- Intensity – Moderate. You have more drive than endurance
- Make exercise a priority. Put it in your diary
- Avoid the heat and hydrate well
- Best cross training options are relaxed swimming or water sports; any team sports such as soccer, netball, basketball, rugby; long leisurely walks in natural surroundings; yoga or tai chi or pilates; skiing; surfing; skydiving; weight lifting; rock climbing; golf and racquet sports such as tennis and badminton.