Tips for Beauty and Aging from Maharishi Ayurveda
Date Posted:23 October 2011
Beautiful, smooth, glowing skin can be yours whatever your age, provided you take into account four key elements: nourishment, rehydration, detoxification and stress management. Maharishi Ayurveda can help you with beauty and aging using herbal skin remedies.
Your skin should be nourished from the inside and outside, all year round. According to Maharishi Ayurveda, dietary adjustments will improve your skin and nourish it from the inside. Pay attention to your skin, body type, and seasonal dietary guidelines to get the balance right.
The following dietary recommendations are a good place to start when it comes to beauty and aging:
- Eat plenty of sweet, juicy fruits, such as stewed apple or pear, for breakfast to promote supple skin.
- Eat plenty of multiple whole grains (like quinoa and cous cous) to deliver minerals to your skin.
- Cook vegetables with spices like turmeric and cumin (known to be great for the skin). Include lots of leafy green vegetables in your diet to give you fibre, iron and calcium.
- Include light, easily digestible and nourishing proteins such as milk, panir and mung dhal, in your daily diet.
- Take Radiant Skin tablets and ReGen Vitality tablets daily to support your skin.
- Create your own skin-boosting spice mixture with 3 parts turmeric, 6 parts coriander, 6 parts fennel, 1 part fenugreek and 1 part black pepper. All you need to do is sauté the spices in ghee (clarified butter), add steamed vegetables, and stir together. Cook for a few minutes to allow the spices to be absorbed.
As a deeply purifying spice, turmeric (the so-called "wonder spice") is excellent for the skin. It is also a powerful antioxidant. Like cumin, fenugreek and black pepper, it purifies the blood and fat tissue, and cleanses rasa (nutrient fluid) and sweat.
Rehydration of the skin must also be done internally and externally to maintain moisture levels. Tips for aging to rehydrate the skin from the inside include drinking plenty of pure water and incorporating lots of sweet, juicy fruits in your diet. Moderate quantities of "good" fats (i.e. ghee and olive oil) are good for rehydrating the skin. Many people think that the healthiest diet is a fat-free one, but in reality, this is an unhealthy option and can lead to dull skin. Remember to cook fats with skin-friendly spices to help with digestion and absorption.
Certain doshas are more prone to dry skin. Those with Vata skin will find it to be naturally dry, and so they will require more fat in their diet. Kapha skin types, on the other hand, have higher oil content in their skin, and will need less fat.
It is important to rehydrate from the outside, too. Skin-safe oil is ideal for rehydration of the facial skin. It only takes a few minutes, every day, to perform an effective facial massage. Moisten your hands and place a few drops of the oil onto one palm. Rub your palms together until the oil is spread, then softly pat your face with both palms. Apply the oil evenly all over your face and gently massage it in, using short, upward strokes with your fingertips. Maharishi Ayurveda skin massage oils contain powerful herbs that help with beauty and aging by enhancing the skin’s appearance.
Sometimes the oldest herbal skin remedies are the best. A Royal Milk Bath is an ancient beauty remedy that was used by Indian queens to improve the appearance and condition of their skin. Mix a large amount of 70% rolled oats, 10% Indian Sarsaparilla, 10% Marshmallow Root and 10% Rose Petals. Place a small square of cheesecloth on a flat surface and transfer two tablespoons of the mixture to the centre of it. Gather the ends of the cloth and secure it with a piece of string or a rubber band. Fill a jug with warm milk and dip the cloth into it. Pat your entire body with it. If you make enough of the mixture, you can store it in an airtight container and use it over a couple of months.
An effective detox will stop toxins from building up and will give you clear, fresh, glowing skin. There is a connection between the colon and the skin: if you are constipated, your skin will be dry and dull. This makes the colon the target of any detox plan. You can work wonders by drinking lots of water, eating fibre-rich foods, and taking moderate exercise every day. Herbal Cleanse from Maharishi Ayurveda can help to regularise bowel movements. A detox is most effective if it is carried out at times of seasonal change. Take Elim-Tox-O with Genitrac for 45 days during the transition periods between summer and fall, fall and winter, winter and spring, and spring and summer.
Applying a Sandalwood Face Mask can help to exfoliate and detox the skin from the outside. Its fragrant herbal formula gently removes dead skin cells to soften and refresh skin.
Ayurvedic experts believe that stress is the greatest enemy of beautiful, youthful skin. Stress and anxiety often leads to poor sleep health, which makes facial skin look even duller.
Tips for aging from Maharishi Ayurveda include the Transcendental Meditation technique, which can help alleviate stress and relax the mind when performed for twenty minutes, twice a day. Yoga stretches and deep breathing exercises can also help with relaxation. It is important to take steps to improve your sleep habits. Try to go to bed before 10pm every night and rise at the same time every morning. Make sure your bedroom is comfortable and at the right temperature.
Using aromatherapy or incense can aid restful sleep. If you wake up in the morning feeling refreshed and well rested, you can be sure that your skin is going to reap the benefits. Take beauty and aging into your own hands with these tips for aging using herbal skin remedies from Maharishi Ayurveda.
- Look and Feel Your Best with Natural Beauty Care from Maharishi Ayurveda (getbalance.co.nz)
- Experience the Beauty of Aromatherapy Essential Oils (getbalance.co.nz)
- Natural Hair Care and Nail Care Tips from Maharishi Ayurveda (getbalance.co.nz)
- Natural Skin Remedies Are the Key to Younger-Looking Skin (getbalance.co.nz)
- Give Your Skin a Boost with Simple Skin Care Tips (getbalance.co.nz)