A stitch in time…
Author: Maharishi Ayurveda Date Posted:12 December 2016
Have you recently noticed an increasing sensitivity to indigestion, runny nose, mucous congestion, aches and pains?
It could be that you are experiencing the effects of our current seasonal change from Spring into Summer. During this transition our body does a mini cleanse and signs of ama (impurities) are a good indication to take stock and help your body detox in preparation for a great summer.
Here are the typical symptoms of ama or impurity overload.
Which ones are you experiencing?
1. You wake up tired even after a good nights sleep.
2. You feel lethargic
3. Your tongue is coated especially upon awaking in the morning
4. You don't feel real hunger even when you haven't eaten for hours
5. You have generalized aches and pains. They are often noticed the day after eating certain heavy foods, like meat, cheeses, desserts and fried foods
6. You lack mental clarity and energy
7. You have a sense of heaviness in the abdomen, legs or body as a whole
8. You feel weary and unenthusiastic
9. You experience frequent indigestion like gas bloating and or heartburn
10. You feel blocked anywhere in the body, including constipation, sinus congestion and difficulty breathing.
How would you score yourself? If you have said yes to 2 or 3 of these symptoms then it’s important to reduce this build up now before summer sets in.
What to do?
Review the herbals recommended for you. Then adopt the sure-fire ways of reducing ama that follow below.
Select the programme below that best fits your nature
- By nature are you quick, changeable and like variety? Are you naturally slight of build? Select here to see the best cleanse routine for you.
- By nature are you goal oriented and like a challenge? Are you naturally medium build? Select here to see the best cleanse routine for you.
- By nature are you relaxed, laid back and stable by nature? Are you naturally solid and strong in build? Select here to see the best cleanse routine for you.
Eat fresh food, freshly prepared
Favor warm cooked food rather than large salads, sandwiches and other cold foods
Eat the largest meal of the day at lunch when digestion is strongest.
Avoid consumption of large quantities of cheese and heavy meats
Sip warm or hot water with meals and throughout the day
This is the goal
- You feel fresh, rested and even blissful upon awakening in the morning
- Your skin has a healthy glow
- Your tongue is pink and clear
- Your body feels light, regardless of your weight
- Aches and pains are disappearingYou do not feel bloated or heavy in the abdomen
- You are energetic during the day
- You are enthusiastic
- Your mind is clear
- People comment, "Have you lost weight?" or "What are you doing you look so good".
Wishing you the bliss of balance!