All in one herbal
Author: Linda Sinden Date Posted:1 October 2018
Amalaki is traditionally described as a divine plant with remarkable properties. It is described as having longevity-enhancing and disease-defying qualities. A powerful and rejuvenating herb, Amalaki helps to cool, tone and nourish tissues and organs. The fruit is a rich source of antioxidants and vitamin C. It is considered one of the most powerful rejuvenating herbs in Ayurveda. Charaka Samhita, a text of Ayurveda says Amalaki is the best among rejuvenative herbs. It is known by the following names:
English Indian Gooseberry
Latin Emblica Officinalis, Phyllanthus Emblica or Terminalia Emblica
Balancing for you
No matter your body type of nature or your current imbalance, the fruit of Amalaki is balancing to all types and doshas. Traditionally it is said to help
- Strengthen digestion to support optimal food absorption and reduction of impurities from undigested foods.
- Strengthen digestion without heating and is traditionally considered one of the best herbs for helping to balance stomach acid.
- Eliminate toxins from the body and support healthy evacuation of bowel, urine and menstrual flow.
- Strengthen and stimulate the liver.
- Balance the urinary system when there is a mild burning sensation while urinating. It also acts as a mild diuretic in a natural way that is not disruptive or harmful to the body.
- Strengthen and nurture the lungs aiding a healthy moisture and mucous balance. It can also help the body fight respiratory infections.
- Enhance fertility in both men and women and supports overall reproductive health.
- Nourish the brain as it is a Medhya herb - that which enhances co-ordination between acquisition, retention and recall. It supports a sharper intellect, stronger mind and heightened sensory awareness. A gentleman client who had 5 strokes was able to be mentally alert, play the piano and be physically active when taking Amalaki. When he ran out of Amalaki his wife reported that it became difficult for him to be alert or to get out of bed in the morning.
- strengthen the cardiovascular system as it nurtures the heart, blood and circulation
- Improve assimilation of iron.
- Improve the glow and luster of the skin, as it cleanses the skin and helps to protect from bacterial infection.
- Strengthen and enhance muscle tone as it enhances protein synthesis and promotes a positive nitrogen balance. A top level sportswoman who is my client speaks highly of how Amalaki supports her endurance and performance.
- The hair (helps prevent early graying or thinning of hair); the nails, teeth and bones as it supports absorption of calcium and other nutrients.
- Strengthen the eyes and protect them from imbalance.
- Research studies have shown that Amalaki helps to protect the liver, can aid in the reduction of cholesterol and its antioxidant activity is most impressive.
How to take Amalaki
You can take Amalaki on its own or in the combination below based upon your needs. As you see above, the remarkably wide ranging benefits of Amalaki means it is used to support a wide range of conditions and imbalances. Each of the products below uses amalaki
Wishing you the bliss of balance