Are you satisfied with your life direction?
Author: Linda Sinden Date Posted:1 July 2020
When you feel satisfied with where you're heading in life; when you feel positive, fulfilled with what you're achieving, connected with your inner self, and at peace with any past shock or trauma that you may have experienced, then you are experiencing inner resilience.
There can be times when your sense of peace and well-being are tested. You may feel dissatisfied for no apparent reason, disconnected from your inner self, or think your life lacks adequate meaning and purpose.
These are common warning signs of stress overload, and signal that it is time to relax. Here is a checklist to provide a quick 'at a glance' assessment of how your inner world is contributing to your current stress profile. As you review the options below consider what applies to you.
Lately, I have:
- Felt my life lacks adequate meaning and purpose
- Felt dissatisfied for no apparent reason
- Unresolved grief or past shock/trauma weighing me down
- Felt disconnected from myself
- Felt my direction in life is no longer satisfying me
Key Action Steps
Here are some key action steps to aid relaxation and nurture your inner self.
- Consider learning meditation or if you already know-how, then establish a daily time for practice. People who practice Transcendental Meditation say it is like coming back home and research shows an increase of inner fulfillment.
- Feed your body and mind with nourishing food, good company, 30 minutes or more of daily exercise and a great sleep, being in bed by 10.00 pm. If you have difficulty going to sleep, consider having a cup of Slumber Time Tea or taking two tablets of Blissful Sleep before bed. If you wake in the night and have difficulty going back to sleep, take two tablets of Deep Rest at bedtime.
- If you feel stress overload is contributing to how you are feeling, consider taking two tablets of Stress Relief before breakfast and at bedtime. This formula includes adaptogenic herbs which helps your body to build resilience and healthy cortisol levels.
- Take time to identify what you want at this stage in your life. Writing your thoughts down is a helpful exercise.
- Allow the inner artist or creator to emerge - draw, write, sculpt, play - whatever gets your creativity flowing.
- Talk it out - Is there someone you trust who you can talk with?
- Learn or practice techniques that help you to be in touch' with yourself, your needs and aspirations.
- Make small changes; focus on small, achievable goals.
- Build your Serotonin levels - laugh, cry and scream! And consider taking two tablets of Blissful Joy after breakfast and evening meals.
What to do if it’s hard going
If you can't make it work yourself, consider having a Maharishi Ayurveda Consultation. It may surprise you to know that the state of your doshas does influence your mood or experience of yourself or life.
- Vata imbalance can give rise to fear, worry and anxiety.
- Pitta imbalance can give rise to frustration, irritability and anger where one feels life is not delivering what you deserve or desire.
- Kapha imbalance can give rise to low mood, lethargy and a why bother feeling where one feels disconnected or unable to reach out for support from loved ones.
If you think one of the doshas may be affecting your inner resilience restoring the balance of your doshas may be an excellent first step. You can take the Test Your Health free quiz or have a consultation with myself or a Maharishi Ayurveda expert near you.
Wishing you the bliss of balance today and always.
Linda Sinden and the Get Balance Team