Be enlightened about Premium Amla Berry
Author: Linda Sinden Date Posted:12 December 2019
A client said to me today that they really valued the purity and wholesomeness of the traditional Maharishi Ayurveda formulations they get from us. That in truth they trusted them more and felt confidence in using them for themselves, their family and recommending them to their friends and colleagues.
That was of course lovely to hear. Our heart is touched when what we value so much is also valued by you too.
She also went on to say that she felt it would be most helpful to understand more about the individual herbs in our products so that she would understand more why a product is so helpful and when it is most helpful to choose certain herbs or herbal combinations.
This got me thinking… and my educators hat appeared upon my head!
Why not focus on a specific herbal for the season at least once a month I thought. Thus today let’s focus on one of the most important herbals for Summer, Amalaki - known as Premium Amla Berry Organic..
Amla Berry also known as Amalaki or Indian Gooseberry is often combined in other formulas too such as Digest Tone (the no 1 formula chosen by people), Amrit Kalash 2 part Rasayana formulae which is our most special product, Allo Gard, Aller Defence, Emotional Balance and Aci Balance. Isn’t this herbal versatile in its uses from digestive support, energy and immunity formulas, allergy protection, emotional support and helping to soothe excess heat in the digestive system.
Now let’s look at why Amalaki can bring about this wide ranging benefits in both the state of our mind, our emotions and our body.
Tell me about Amalaki
Amalaki is traditionally described as a divine plant with remarkable rejuvenating properties that help cool, tone and nourish tissues and organs.. It is described as having longevity-enhancing and disease-defying qualities. A rich source of antioxidants and vitamin C, a text of Ayurveda called Charaka Samhita, says Amalaki is the best among rejuvenative herbs. It is known by the following names:
English: Indian Gooseberry
Latin: Emblica Officinalis, Phyllanthus Emblica or Terminalia Emblica
Part Used: Fruit
Energetics: Mostly sour, but includes all tastes (except salty). Amla pacifies vata, pitta, and kapha, though it is especially calming to pitta. Amla helps to rejuvenates all of the tissues in the body and is a powerful ally for many systems in your body. It helps your body to build ojas, the most subtle essence from full and complete digestion that promotes immunity and youthfulness. Usefully Amalaki promote energy, reproductive health, and healthy cholesterol levels and is a tonic for the heart, the arterial system, the respiratory system, your senses and the mind.
Traditionally Amalaki is said to help
- Strengthen digestion to support optimal food absorption and reduction of impurities from undigested foods.
- Strengthen digestion without heating and is traditionally considered one of the best herbs for helping to balance stomach acid.
- Eliminate toxins from the body and support healthy evacuation of bowel, urine and menstrual flow.
- Strengthen and stimulate the liver.
- Balance the urinary system when there is a mild burning sensation while urinating. It also acts as a mild diuretic in a natural way that is not disruptive or harmful to the body.
- Strengthen and nurture the lungs aiding a healthy moisture and mucous balance. It can also help the body fight respiratory infections.
- Enhance fertility in both men and women and supports overall reproductive health.
- Nourish the brain as it is a Medhya herb - that which enhances co-ordination between acquisition, retention and recall. It supports a sharper intellect, stronger mind and heightened sensory awareness. A gentleman client who had 5 strokes was able to be mentally alert, play the piano and be physically active when taking Amalaki. When he ran out of Amalaki his wife reported that it became difficult for him to be alert or to get out of bed in the morning.
- strengthen the cardiovascular system as it nurtures the heart, blood and circulation
- Improve assimilation of iron.
- Improve the glow and luster of the skin, as it cleanses the skin and helps to protect from bacterial infection.
- Strengthen and enhance muscle tone as it enhances protein synthesis and promotes a positive nitrogen balance. A top level sportswoman who is my client speaks highly of how Amalaki supports her endurance and performance.
- The hair (helps prevent early graying or thinning of hair); the nails, teeth and bones as it supports absorption of calcium and other nutrients.
- Strengthen the eyes and protect them from imbalance.
- Research studies have shown that Amalaki helps to protect the liver, can aid in the reduction of cholesterol and its antioxidant activity is most impressive.
Ask the Expert
Although Amalaki is balancing to all doshas it is not generally used if the body has very high Kapha imbalance along with an excess build up of impurities or ama.
- If you think this could be you then use our Ask the Expert free service to tell us about yourself and we can guide you as to the suitability of what product to take. We are happy to help you.
Processing for Potency
It’s all in the processing! It is the processing method that enhances the natural intelligence of the fruit and makes the Organic Premium Amla Berry Rasayana many times more powerful than the simple fruit or fruit powder. The traditional ayurvedic processing does this without destroying or disturbing any of its delicate qualities. It requires a dedicated team of Sattvic (pure-minded), hygiene-conscious workers. Because of these challenges, the high level of purity of Maharishi Ayurveda's Amla products is truly unique.
Wishing you the bliss of balance