Happiness Boost for You
Author: Linda Sinden Date Posted:12 November 2020
How would you score your current level of happiness? Ayurveda explains that the purpose of life is the expansion of happiness. Research from Harvard Medical School indicates positive emotions support longevity and wellbeing. Sean Accor - author of “The Happiness Advantage” defines happiness as the joy you feel moving towards your potential.
How is our happiness determined? Positive Psychology say that happiness is
- 50% determined by your genes
- 10% by your circumstances and
- 40% by your attitude, your actions and the way you handle the situations you find yourself within.
Sonja Lubomirsky, author of “The How of Happiness” and Professor at the University of California says there is quite a bit of deliberative action we can take to increase or decrease our happiness. So, this week we consider how you can optimise your happiness from the level of your doshas - Vata, Pitta and Kapah. Your doshas say alot about what you will enjoy, and what is likely to create pleasure and happiness for you!
Ultimate Pitta Dosha Set - Save 15%
Are you feeling overheated, easily irritated and impatient? Pitta qualities within you may need some support to restore balance. The following Ultimate Pitta Dosha Set works synergistically to soothe an overheated digestion, helping to calm and moisturize sensitive skin, smoothing out emotions and restoring or uplifting the mind, feeling level and body, naturally.
- Stress Free Emotions - Take 1-2 tablets after meals to help even out emotional highs and lows throughout the day. It naturally helps to reduce tendency for anger, irritability, emotional stress or fatigue.
- Organic Cooling Pitta Tea
- Cooling and fragrant Cedar Sandalwood Herbal Soap
- Cooling Pitta Aroma Oil
- Soothing Herbal Pitta Massage Oil
- Organic Pitta Churna - Tasty Cooling Spice Mix
Ultimate Vata Dosha Set - Save 15%
Feeling frantic, easily stressed, lacking focus or scattered? Your Vata dosha may need a helping hand. The following set helps to ground and calm Vata dosha with good digestion and elimination, moisturising dry skin, calming your mind and emotions and supporting better sleep.
- Worry Free - Take 1-2 tablets after breakfast and evening meals to help remove the grip of fear, worry or anxiety. It supports your ability to be focused and decisive without reducing alertness.
- Organic Calming Vata Tea
- Organic Vata Aroma
- Organic Calming Vata Churna - Tasty mixture to sprinkle over savoury foods
- Lemongrass Herbal Soap
- Moisturising Herbal Vata Massage Oil
Ultimate Kapha Dosha Set - Save 15%
Feeling low in energy, sluggish, sleeping alot or maybe stuck in a rut? Your Kapha dosha may need a helping hand. The following set provides a stimulating collection of Kapha balancing products that help to refresh, warm and purify, energising the mind and body!
- Blissful Joy - Take 1-2 tablets 1 hour after breakfast and evening meals. Helps to remove toxins that can make you feel dull or sad and the adaptogenic herbs help keep you flexible, alert and energetic. Now you can lift your spirits naturally.
- Organic Stimulating Kapha Tea
- Organic Kapha Churna - Stimulating spice mixture
- Stimulating Breathe Easy Oil that is great for everyday use in an aroma burner
- Citronella Herbal Soap
- Stimulating Herbal Massage Oil
Wishing you the happiness that naturally arises when your doshas are balanced.
Linda Sinden, Maharishi AyurVeda Consultant
Linda Sinden has been a practising Maharishi Ayurveda Consultant since 1990 and is a regular contributor to our health articles. She has a practice in Auckland, New Zealand and also provides phone or Skype sessions for those who need assistance, but don’t have a consultant in their vicinity.
Mobile: +64 212237525