Pitta Tea OrganicPTO 16 teabags
Chill out with our soothing organic tea...
A delicious combination of fragrant Rose Petals and refreshing spices, Pitta Tea is the perfect answer when you're feeling intense or frustrated. Taken warm or cool, it helps cool down your mind, body and emotions.
ORGANIC: Our most popular PittaTea is now certified organic (IMO Certification*) and comes in a new slimline pack.
Spices are ingredients in many synergistic ayurvedic herbal formulations, and an ayurvedic expert, when giving you advice, is as likely to recommend specific spices to include in your diet as to suggest herbal supplements for you to take.
- Rose Petals are considered cooling in ayurveda, helping to pacify Pitta dosha.
- Licorice contributes the sweet taste, useful for pacifying Pitta.
- Cardamom is tridoshic (good for balancing all three doshas), but people trying to keep Pitta in balance should eat it in smaller amounts. Cardamom is considered an excellent digestive, especially beneficial in reducing bloating and intestinal gas.
- Ginger is a zesty spice useful in aiding digestion, enhancing appetite and pacifying stomach disorders.
- In Ayurveda, cinnamon is used to balance the digestion and to pacify stomach disorders.
Certified Organic by IMO
The Institute for Marketecology (IMO) is one of the first and most renowned international agencies for inspection, certification and quality assurance of eco-friendly products. Their world-wide activities are accredited by the Swiss Accreditation Service (SAS) according to EN 45011 (ISO 65), which is the international standard for certification. IMO offers certification for organic production and handling according to the EU Regulation (EC) N 834/2007 and (EC) N 889/2008. Also thery have been accredited by USDA for organic certification according to the American National Organic Program (NOP). Recently they received the reaccreditation by MAFF and offer certification according to the Japanese Agricultural Standard (JAS) for the Japanese market.