How to prepare for a Healthy Menopause
Author: Linda Sinden Date Posted:1 March 2018
A high percentage of women suffer from hot flashes associated with menopause. Memory loss, mood swings, and vaginal dryness have become so common that women today consider them to be a normal part of menopause. It doesn't have to be that way.
Early Symptoms to Watch For
Perimenopause symptoms often start during the last half of the Pitta time of life (35-45). This means many women experience acne, brown spots, increased sensitivity to the sun, and feeling critical of loved ones with mood swings, all symptoms of a Pitta imbalance. Other symptoms can include waking up between 2:00 and 4:00 a.m. with lots of energy, unable to fall asleep again.
Apana Vata, the subdosha of Vata that governs elimination and menstrual flow, also plays a role in menopausal discomfort. When out of balance, it causes symptoms of constipation and irregularity or discomfort during the menstrual cycle and leads to toxin build up in the colon, kidneys, liver, lungs and skin. If you are in your 20-30’s and suffer from PMT then consider taking Ladies Rejuvenation 1-2 tablets prior breakfast and evening meals along with Energy Plus 2 tablets. Then follow the tips below.
Tips for Self Management
- Eat at regular intervals and avoid skipping meals. Eat your main meal at noon, when digestion is the strongest.
- Go to bed early (before 10:00 p.m.) as you'll gain more rest and give the body a chance to cleanse itself during the night. Arise before 6:00 a.m.
- Ensure you have a comfortable daily bowel motion. Take Digest Tone 2-4 tablets at bedtime if you experience a sluggish bowel; along with 1-2 tablets of Digest Plus after breakfast and evening meals.
- The morning massage is very important for preventing menopausal problems, as it increases circulation, calms Vata dosha, and provides needed moisture to the skin. Favour Vata Massage or Pitta Massage Oil.
- Be sure to get lots of rest during your menstrual cycle and throughout the month. It is crucial for keeping Vata happy.
- Herbal prescriptions and natural remedies for treatment of hot flashes, memory loss, sleep, constipation, liver or digestive imbalances, moods etc. can be very helpful during this time. Two key herbals are Midlife Woman 1 and Midlife Woman 2. They are targeted to help an easy midlife transition.
Wishing you the bliss of balance within your monthly cycle and into your midlife transition.
Linda Sinden and the Get Balance Team