Is stress getting in the way?
Author: Maharishi Ayurveda Date Posted:1 August 2016
Do you, or did you once feel bullet proof, able to live life to the full, burning the candle at both ends and getting away with it?
Just like our bank accounts, if we spend more than we are putting in eventually our energy balance get's low until it’s overdrawn. Then distress occurs giving rise to sleep issues, lack of emotional balance, mental performance declines and health starts to suffer.
In our 20’s and 30's we can often bounce back with a few days of good sleep and kicking back with some relaxation and fun. As we move into our 40's and 50's recovery can seem to take a little longer and in our 60's plus we become more sensitive to overload and may need to adopt a more measured pace in order to stay happy and well.
No matter our age, when we move into overload as distress arises it can be managed or reduced. How you experience the symptoms of overload or distress is largely guided by your nature and body type of imbalance.
Read the three dominant responses to distress below and see which best fits you.
When the qualities of Vata dosha become aggravated they give rise to worry, fear and anxiety that can be quite incapacitating. Going to sleep can become disturbed and you are likely to be more sensitive to loud noises, scary movies and stressful situations. Your normal light and bright nature that likes constant stimulation and change can become tense, worried and fearful especially with uncertainty. The mind just won't switch off.
The need is to calm the nervous system so the deeper level of self within can reassert and soothe you with internal safety and security.
- Stress Relief 2 tablets prior breakfast and evening meals. This herbal is known to be an adaptogen. It helps you adapt to stress and helps balance the body's production of cortisol, the stress hormone.
- Worry Free 2 tablets after breakfast and evening meals. Worry Free helps to strengthen and provide energy to your brain and nervous system. Combined with Stress Relief the Worry Free helps you gain perspective and have the resources to feel in control again.
- As distress disturbs digestion it's also helpful to take Herbal Digest 1-2 tablets prior meals.
- Lastly, if sleep is an issue then take 2 tablets of Blissul Sleep prior bed to help you go to sleep more easily
When the qualities of Pitta dosha become aggravated they give rise to bursts of anger and irritation, impatience, sarcasm, resentment and in the extreme, feeling powerless and taking an argumentative stance. You may find your natural compassionate view becomes distorted as strong emotions take hold resulting in emotional outbursts that leave loved ones and colleagues feeling 'burnt.' For you, once vented it's gone, yet for those around you the memory can stay with them for years. Your tender-hearted nature never meant to cause them harm.
The need is to cool down your mind and body so you will feel back in control able to maintain a balanced view of your life.
- Emotional Balance 2 tablets prior breakfast, lunch and evening meals.
- Stress Free Mind 2 tablets after meals breakfast, lunch and evening meals.
- Aci Balance 1 tablet after meals. Cooling the digestion often helps to cool the heart and mind too.
- Deep Rest 2 tablets at bedtime and if you wake in the night.
When the qualities of Kapha dosha become aggravated they give rise to difficulty with change, a low mood, feelings of dependancy, heavy dullness and resignation that can make it difficult to take action. Change of any sort becomes difficult both at home or in the workplace. It's easier to eat comforting food (usually fat and sugar rich foods) and to distract with TV or something else. You may find yourself thinking, why not leave it alone, ignore it and procrastinate.. doesn't time heal all...
What’s needed is to stimulate and energise to balance your mood, restore physical energy and support your feeling of connections with friends and loved ones.
- Blissful Joy 2 tablets after meals morning and evening. Blissful joy helps to strengthen and restore your naturally loving and harmonious nature.
- Digest Tone 1-2 tablets prior meals morning and evening meal. Your energy is dependant on the digestive fires. This herbal combination helps to reduce the build up of impurities in digestion that blocks energy production as it helps to tone and strengthen every level of your digestion.
- Be Trim Tea sip every 30 minutes from 7am to 7pm to help balance sugar cravings and carbohydrate metabolism.
Wishing you the bliss of mind-body balance!