Get your winter check-up
Date Posted:8 July 2015
Winter Check Up – Self test
When your energy seems low and you feel congested somewhere in the body, the chances are high that ama or impurities have built up in your body. As these impurities build in the tissues they disrupt and confuse the delicate biochemistry, which can result in a wide variety of symptoms. This is often unseen until the imbalance of a seasonal cold, flu or aches and pains alerts you the body is overloaded. An early sign to watch for is a coating on your tounge first thing when you wake prior to cleaning your teeth.
Tip: Check out your tongue tomorrow morning first thing to see if there is a coating.
Which of the following symptoms of ama are you currently experiencing?
1. You wake up tired even after a good nights sleep
2. You feel lethargic
3. Your tongue is coated especially upon waking in the morning
4. You don't feel real hunger even when you haven't eaten for hours
5. You have generalised aches and pains. They are often noticed the day after eating certain heavy foods, like meat, cheeses, desserts and fried foods
6. You lack mental clarity and energy
7. You have a sense of heaviness in the abdomen, legs or body as a whole
8. You feel weary and unenthusiastic
9. You experience frequent indigestion like gas bloating and or heartburn
10. You feel blocked somewhere in the body, including constipation, sinus congestion and difficulty breathing
Symptoms of a physiology that is ama free
1. You feel fresh, rested and even blissful upon awakening in the morning
2. Your skin has a healthy glow
3. Your tongue is pink and clear
4. Your body feels light, regardless of your weight
5. Aches and pains are disappearing
6. You do not feel bloated or heavy in the abdomen
7. You feel energetic during the day
8. You feel enthusiastic
9. Your mind is clear
10. People say, "Have you lost weight?" or "What are you doing you look so good"
Your 7 Step Ama Free Programme
- Eat a small, light evening meal according to appetite by 7pm and have your main meal of the day at lunchtime Eating a large heavy meal in the evening when metabolism and digestion is slower automatically creates impurities and makes weight reduction really hard. Eating a small light evening meal reduces ama and can kick-start weight reduction when it is needed.
- To reduce ama Take Digest Tone 1-2 tablets prior the evening meal and Elim Tox (or Elim Tox O if you have a tendency for sharp appetite and digestion)
- Choose fresh foods that are freshly prepared Leftovers from the fridge have low life force and create ama – full stop. Avoid where you can.
- Favour natural above processed or refined man-made foods Processing foods impairs or destroys the life force (prana) of the food so avoid canned, packaged and frozen foods as much as you can. Take small quantities of cheese and heavy meats at lunchtime or favour a vegetarian diet.
- Choose warm food and drinks where you can except in the heat of summer when room temperature food and drinks may suit you better (if you are a Pitta type) Cold food depresses the digestive fires and often increases your production of ama from incomplete digestion of what you eat.
- Exercise daily
- Sip warm or hot water with meals and throughout the day Kapha Tea or Be Trim Tea are especially good options for reducing ama.
If you have a chronic health condition then ama may have gone deep into the tissues and specific herbals prescribed by your Maharishi Ayurveda Health Professional will be helpful for you. Visit a consultant near you or book a skype or phone consultation. I’m happy to help. Wishing you the bliss of balance.
|Linda Sinden has been a practising Maharishi Ayurveda Consultant since 1990 and is a regular contributor to our weekly Insights. She has a practice in Auckland, New Zealand and also provides phone or Skype sessions for those who need assistance, but don’t have a consultant in their vicinity. Email: email@example.com Skype: Linda.Sinden
Mobile: +64 212237525
Wayne, Linda, Theresa and Louise
The Get Balance Team