When in balance, Pittas are good decision makers, teachers and speakers. They are precise, sharp-witted, direct and often outspoken. They have a lustrous complexion, perfect digestion, abundant energy, and a strong appetite.
Your questionnaire results indicated a predominance of Pitta Characteristics
The theme of the Pitta type is fiery and intense.
Pitta dosha is strong in the elements of fire and a little water.
Pitta is the hot dosha, governing all heat, metabolism and transformation in the mind and body. It processes food, air, and water through the entire system and converts these elements into energy. Pitta also helps with the digestion and assimilation of experiences, thoughts and feelings, and how we discriminate between right and wrong. Key qualities are hot, sharp and moist:
- Hot leading to strong digestion, warm, joyous personalities and a fondness for cold food and drink.
- Sharp leading to physical strength, sharpness of mind and speech, purposeful activity and desire for perfection.
- Moist leading to profuse perspiration, hot sweaty palms and an aversion to hot, humid weather.
When out of balance, Pittas may suffer from skin rashes, burning sensations, peptic ulcers, excessive body heat, heartburn, and indigestion. When stressed they can be short-tempered and argumentative and their typical response is "What did you do wrong?"
When feeling stressed, the typical Pitta response is - What did you do wrong?
- Medium size and weight
- Medium strength and endurance
- Sharp hunger and thirst, excellent digestion sometimes leads them to believe they can eat anything
- Warm body temperature
- Tendency towards anger, irritability under stress
- Fair or ruddy skin, often freckled
- Aversion to sun, hot humid weather
- Enterprising character, likes challenges
- Powerful intellect and strong ability to concentrate
- Cannot skip meals
- Blond, light brown or red hair (or reddish undertones)
- Baldness, early greying or thinning hair
It is also very Pitta to:
- Feel ravenously hungry if dinner is half an hour late
- Live by your watch and resent having your time wasted
- Wake up at night feeling hot and thirsty
- Take command of a situation or feel that you should
- Learn from experience that others find you too demanding,sarcastic, or critical at times
- Have a determined stride when you walk
- Sleep soundly for short periods of time
Pitta types are drawn to occupations that foster progress in our world – presidencies or directorships within government and organizations. Also as lawyers, politicians, military, police, scientists, researchers, inventors, working with tools, weapons or chemistry, psychology, designers, architects, engineers, high technology fields such as space programmes, and in visual arts and design.
As a leader Pitta types are without a second in courage, persistence and energy.
There is a deep tendency within the mind and body to protect health by maintaining a mind-body balance. Following the dietery, exercise and lifestyle guidelines for your body type and adjusting with seasonal changes helps to maintain balance and keep you energized.
Life is busy … so it is helpful to know what is the most important diet, exercise or lifestyle choice that I can make as a Pitta Type?
Look out for the next All about me email to see what the # 1 Priority is for you!
The Get Balance Team
Ps- If you have a specific condition you would like help with, our experienced consultant is here to help. Use our Ask the Expert service>>
Every-day herbals for Pittas