Are you ready for spring?
Author: Linda Sinden Date Posted:20 August 2018
Have you noticed that winter is already giving way to spring and your body is feeling different?
It could be that you are experiencing the effects of our current seasonal change from winter into spring. A detox is considered most beneficial when nature is rejuvenating as spring arrives. Are you ready to rejuvenate?
Here are the typical symptoms of ama or impurity overload. If you currently experience these symptoms of ama then starting a cleanse within the next 7-10 days is highly recommended.
Note which ones apply to you at the moment...
1. You wake up tired even after a good night’s sleep
2. You feel lethargic
3. Your tongue is coated especially upon wakening in the morning
4. You don't feel real hunger even when you haven't eaten for hours
5. You have generalized aches and pains. They are often noticed the day after eating certain heavy foods, like meat, cheeses, desserts and fried foods
6. You lack mental clarity and energy
7. You have a sense of heaviness in the abdomen, legs or body as a whole
8. You feel weary and lacking enthusiasm
9. You experience frequent indigestion like gas bloating and/or heartburn
10. You feel blocked somewhere in the body, including constipation, sinus congestion and have difficulty breathing.
If you have said yes to 2 or more then follow the seasonal cleanse tips below.
Spring Cleanse Programme
This is an important time of the year to take herbals to help flush out stored impurities and toxins.
- Take 2-4 tablets of Herbal Cleanse before going to bed at night to cleanse the bowel. If you have a history of constipation also take 2 tablets of Digest Tone with the Herbal Cleanse prior bed.
- Take 2 tablets of Elim-Tox (or Elim-Tox-O if you have more Pitta symptoms) morning and evening to cleanse the liver, blood, sweat glands and elimination system.
- Taking 2 tablets of Genitrac morning and evening to purify the urinary tract and assist the removal of toxins
- Apply 1-2 drops of Herbal Nasal Oil oil in each nostril after a shower or bath in the morning and again around 5pm.
1. Eat fresh food, freshly prepared.
- If by nature you are quick, changeable and slight of build favour light Vata balancing foods from this page you will also see the other light diets for Kapha and Pitta.
- If by nature you are goal-oriented and like a challenge favour light Pitta balancing foods
- If you are relaxed, laid back and stable by nature, favour equal portions of light Kapha and Vata balancing foods
2. Favor warm cooked food rather than large salads, sandwiches and other cold foods.
3. Eat your largest meal of the day at lunch when digestion is strongest.
4. Avoid consumption of large quantities of cheese and heavy meats.
5. Exercise daily.
6. Sip warm or hot water with meals and throughout the day.
As impurities are flushed out your natural state of balance awakens within. You can look forward to feeling great and looking great too! You may even begin to feel ama-free!
Signs of an ama-free mind and body
1. You feel fresh, rested and even blissful upon awakening in the morning
2. Your skin has a healthy glow
3. Your tongue is pink and clear
4. Your body feels light, regardless of your weight
5. Aches and pains are disappearing
6. You do not feel bloated or heavy in the abdomen
7. You feel energetic during the day
8. You feel enthusiastic
9. Your mind is clear
10. People say have you lost weight? or what are you doing you look so good?
If you are experiencing a strong build-up of impurities then consider a personal consultation with a Maharishi Ayurveda consultant near you.
Wishing you the bliss of balance!