Easy ama buster recipe…
Author: Maharishi Ayurveda Date Posted:26 June 2017
Your tongue tells a story…
After waking tomorrow morning take a moment to see if your tounge has a coating over it. Your answer to this question is both telling and important.
Your tongue has a story to tell
- If it is pink with no coating then your digestive system is working well and you are in good shape.
- If your tongue has a white coating then your digestion has become cold and sluggish resulting in a Kapha imbalance
- If your tounge is coated with a yellow coating then the fire within your digestive system is burning too hot resulting in a Pitta imbalance
- If the coating is blackish or dark then Vata has become imbalanced within you
If your tounge has a coating it is time to take action as impurities (ama) have begun to accumulate within your system.
Behaviours that create Ama
The following behaviours are the main causes of ama. Which ones apply to you?
- Eating a large, heavy meal in the evening when your digestive fires is going down.
- Eating leftovers that have been in the fridge as this food is high in ama.
- Eating processed, refined foods made by man and not by nature such as canned, packaged and frozen foods. The more processed a food is the more ama it creates as the inner intelligence or prana (life force) is destroyed.
- Regularly taking cold foods and drinks which depress the digestive fires and increase the opportunity to create ama from your food.
Eight Ama-Busting Choices
Your day to day choices can make a real difference. Here are some choices to help reduce the build up of ama daily and seasonally.
Number 8 below is an Ama minimising herbal regimen that is very effective at helping to reduce ama when you see that your tounge is coated - no matter what the colour of the coating.
1. Eat fresh food, freshly prepared
2. Favor warm cooked food rather than large salads, sandwiches and other cold foods
3. Eat the largest meal of the day at lunch when digestion is strongest
4. Avoid consumption of large quantities of cheese and heavy meats
5. Exercise daily
6. Sip warm or hot water with meals and throughout the day
7. Complete a seasonal cleanse at Spring time and at the end of Summer
8. Take Digest Tone take 1-2 tablets prior breakfast and evening meal, Liver Care take 2 tablets prior dinner, Turmeric Organic 1-2 capsules after meals and Amrit Kalash Nectar take 2 tablets at bedtime.
Wishing you the bliss of balance…