The miracle of Triphala
Author: Linda Sinden Date Posted:25 June 2018
The famous three fruits
Have you heard of the three fruits that combined together make up one of the most famous compounds in Ayurveda? You may have guessed it - Triphala.
The three fruits of Organic Triphala have remarkable abilities to cleanse impurities, tone the digestive tract, nurture the body and restore health. Add in the important fourth ingredient, Cabbage Rose to address indigestion, flatulence and constipation and you have Digest Tone.
- Digest Tone is a first choice when a person is feeling sluggish with low energy, dull or slow in the mind, low in mood, suffering from constipation, weight gain, skin breakouts, menstrual cramps, fatigue, depression and imbalances caused or complicated from the build up of impurities (ama). Triphala with Rose Cabbage provides a gentle and easy cleanse over time.
- As we in the west often take larger quantities of food in the evening meal when our digestion tends to be less effective, taking 1-2 tablets of Digest Tone prior the evening meal is recommended. With constipation 2-4 tablets can be taken at bedtime.
Triphala can also be mixed with other herbs in compound formulations to enhance effectiveness.
- Triphala Guggulu is much more powerful than Guggul alone. Guggulu, the fragrant resin from the tree Commiphora Mukul has a unique "lekhana" (scraping) quality as it penetrates deeply into the tissues supporting the body’s elimination of impurities, assisting with thyroid health, joint health and flexibility, pain relief and more. It is used traditionally to provide anti-inflammatory support and to further protect the arteries.
- Cholesterol Protection provides a unique combination of triphala and supportive herbs to aid in the reduction of cholesterol and excess weight. This synergistic blend of herbs helps promote a healthy, balanced ratio of good and bad cholesterol by strengthening the body’s natural ability to properly metabolize fats.
- Osteo Relief contains a holistic herbal combination that includes the three herbals of Triphala to help to nourish bones, nerves and joints and to support cleansing of impurities.
Why is Triphala so effective?
To answer this question let’s look at the powerful effect of each of the three fruits: Haritaki, Amalaki and Bibhitaki.
- Haritaki is called a yogavahini in Ayurveda, This means Haritaki helps to cleanse the channels and is absorbed quickly by the body. In addition Haritaki is all-dosha balancing.
- Amalaki is considered a divine plant in the ayurvedic texts. It is considered to be the best among rejuvenative herbs,is longevity-enhancing and has disease-defying qualities. Because it contains five out of the six tastes, it is balancing to all three doshas and helps purify toxins from the body, by enhancing food absorption. It improves digestion without being heating so is considered one of the best herbs for balancing stomach acid. It is strengthening and stimulating for the liver. Amalaki provides the most concentrated and absorbable sources of vitamin C in the plant kingdom and is a powerful antioxidant.
- Bibhitaki, the third ingredient in Triphala, is ideal for pacifying both Pitta and Kapha, and it helps to cleanse the nutritive fluid (Rasa Dhatu), the blood, the muscle and the fat tissue. It help to clear clogged channels by gently heating and melting the ama almost as if drilling them clear.
So now you can see why Triphala is so effective. Consider making it part of your everyday action plan for optimal wellbeing. It is a must have when ama is present.
Wishing you the bliss of balance.