Want More Energy?
Author: Maharishi Ayurveda Date Posted:30 January 2017
There is a part of your body which is often overlooked, yet life cannot exist without it.
This part of your body
- is a detox system draining waste from every cell and all the organs including your heart, brain and digestive system
- delivers nutrients throughout your body
- is the home of your immune system housing over 500 lymph nodes that house your white blood cells, providing a defence against toxins passing through your intestines, skin, respiratory tract and other systems. It drains 1.3 kilos of plaque and toxins from your brain each year helping to reduce psychological, cognitive and immune concerns.
- is the fall-back system for digesting proteins and fats that are too large to enter the blood stream and which are directly linked to weight gain
- delivers fat (triglycerides) as fuel for in-between meal energy and when blocked or impaired is a major cause of fatigue and unhealthy fat metabolism.
Have you guessed it? Yes, it is your lymphatic system and is acts much like ‘the drains’ of your body.
Ayurveda has known of the link between the health of your lymph system and energy and longevity for thousands of years. Manjistha, Turmeric and Guggul are three potent herbals that help cleanse the lymph system and support energy, healthy fat metabolism, weight reduction and immune strength, plus host of other benefits.
System re-boot plan
Below is a gentle, but effective system re-boot plan to help you get started straight away. The plan includes dietary, lifestyle and herbal recommendations: how to use Manjistha, Turmeric with black pepper, Guggul Organic and Elim Tox to support a gentle but thorough system reboot.
1. Upon rising wake up your body and lymph system with the following drink
- Less than 1 bowel motion a day, or if your stools are hard or pebble like and hard to pass Take ½ a cup of aloe vera juice first thing follwed by sips of warm water and no other food for 30 minutes.
- 1 -2 well formed bowel motions a day Squeeze the juice of ½ a lemon or 1 lime into a glass of luke warm water and add 1 tsp of honey and stir until honey is dissolved. Add a pinch of tumeric and ginger powder and drink.
- Loose bowel motions or more than 2 bowel motions a day Squeeze the juice of 1 lime into a glass of warm water and drink.
2. Be active
Go for a 20 minute walk/jog/run/bike/ride/swim or some other active exercise that you enjoy. Choose an exercise form where you get to move both your arms and legs as this is nature’s way of pumping waste and nutrients through your lymph system.
3. Cleansing breakfast
For breakfast stew an apple or pear with cloves. Add a couple of figs or 4-8 prunes that have been soaked overnight. Sit and eat your breakfast. Wait for 30 minutes before having a warm cereal (only if you have a strong appetite in the mornings).
5. Lymph Herbal Heros
- Prior breakfast, lunch and dinner take one tablet of Elim Tox
- After meals take 2 tablets of Guggul Organic in a little warm water. Also take ½ tsp of Manjistha and ½ tsp of Turmeric with 1 pinch of black pepper in ⅓ cup of warm water.
6. Have your main food at lunch time and a light evening meal by 6.30pm.
7. Favour the seasonal eating plan that matches your current season
Now is a great time of the year to give your body a reboot.
Look out for next week’s insight where we go deeply into the benefits of Manjistha - a deep red herbal that is considered even more powerful than beetroot as a lymph cleanser.
Wishing you the bliss of balance.