Time To Balance Pitta
Date Posted:3 February 2015
By nature are you intense or driven? Changeable? Or relaxed?
Such human differences are familiar to us all and may seem random, but they are actually part of an intelligent pattern of nature that can be used to support our health and happiness. If you, a friend or family member can be intense or driven then the qualities of Pitta dosha may be strong.
If this is so, then summer can be particularly trying. As the heat outside increases the internal heat can become quite uncomfortable.
In this insight we focus on how to help yourself, or loved ones when Pitta needs a little cooling.
The Pitta temperament is hot and intense, enjoys challenges and goals, which they drive themselves to achieve. People strong in Pitta like order and value perfection. They are direct, to the point, decisive and enterprising. Their emotional strength is courage. They display good self-control and can be quick tempered, critical and impatient when under stress, or with unexpected events. Intelligent, sharp, perceptive and discriminating Pitta types see the world in a clear and systematic manner. A focused and penetrating learner, Pitta types process information best when it is presented in visual forms.
Signs of Pitta Out of Balance
- Blood shot eyes and poor vision
- Skin rashes and acne
- A demanding perfectionist with workaholic tendencies
- Over supply of stomach acid
- Early greying and balding
- Fits of anger, impatience and temper
Causes If you are experiencing some discomfort, there is usually a precipitating cause that can be identified and corrected. Here are typical patterns to look for:
- You are under stress and feeling angry, frustrated and resentful
- You place excessive demands on yourself and others, live under constant pressure from deadlines, and cannot bear to waste time
- Eating too much hot, spicy, salty foods, oily or fried foods recently
- Your diet contains too much sour or fermented products such as cheese, vinegar, sour cream, coffee and alcoholic beverages
- You have been exposed to impure food and water
- The weather is hot and humid (summer)
How to Balance Balancing Pitta creates improved concentration and digestion while reducing irritability and impatience. Here are the key ways to calm and pacify Pitta especially during the warmer weather.
- Favour cooling drinks, herbals and aromas
- Use sweet aromas in an aromatherapy burner such as Pitta aroma oil
- Drink Pitta tea at room temperature or as a base for a fruit punch.
- Take Liver Care 1 tablet before main meals 3 times a day to support the liver, as it is one of the main Pitta organs in the body and can be overworked when the blood gets hot.
- Also take Aci-Balance after meals to balance digestion.
- Cool the mental intensity with Stress Free Mind and give your system a little extra support with Nervous System Support
- Eat sweet juicy fruits, crisp and tasty salads and drink plenty of fluids.
- Favour a Pitta Pacifying diet and Pitta Balancing daily routine
- Create beautiful and harmonious surroundings. Pitta types are strongly visual and love beauty and order.
- Enjoy the calm and coolness of walks by the beach or lake, along with swims and water sports. Walk in the moonlight as this has a very cooling effect.
When Pitta dosha is balanced in us all then a compassionate nature emerges with a wisdom that can surprise! May your Pitta be soothed this week.
Wishing you the bliss of balance
|Linda Sinden has been a practising Maharishi Ayurveda Consultant since 1990 and is a regular contributor to our weekly Insights. She has a practice in Auckland, New Zealand and also provides phone or Skype sessions for those who need assistance, but don’t have a consultant in their vicinity. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Skype: Linda.Sinden Mobile: +64 212237525
Wayne, Linda, Theresa and Louise
The Get Balance Team [associated-products]