Kapha 3-15 Day Detox
Welcome to the Kapha Detox Programme. Just as nature has rhythms so to our body follows set cleansing cycles. Working with these cycles helps us maintain health and can help restore health also.
Between each season the body naturally likes to cleanse and detox any impurities (ama) that may have arisen in the previous season. Ama is the product of incomplete digestion. Ifdct represents sticky toxic matter that can clog the channels of your body that carry nutrients to the cells and waste out of the body.
We like to think of the seasonal cleanses as being like health insurance. The mid season cleanses are designed to flush out the seasonal build up of impurities to help maintain a high level of wellbeing and life enjoyment.
- If you tend towards weight gain, sinus or mucous congestion, fluid retention and your bowel elimination is normal and easy then the Kapha Cleanse is recommended for you.
- Take 4-6 tablets of Digest Tone at bedtime.
- Take 2 tablets of Elim-Tox 30 minutes before breakfast and evening meals to cleanse the liver, blood, sweat glands and the elimination system.
- Take 2 tablets of Be Trim 1 or 2 along with Elim Tox in the morning and evening to support cleansing and enhance fat and carbohydrate metabolism.
- Apply 1-2 drops of Herbal Nasal Oil up each nostril after shower or bath in the morning and around 5pm.
Note: If you take Amrit Kalash, you can cut your dosage in half when on the cleansing program. Also, it is better not to combine Elim-Tox with Bio-Immune or Radiant Skin because these formulations have overlapping actions and benefits.
- Be in bed by 10.30 pm and rise around 6am to aid the body's natural purification processes. It is especially important to avoid sleeping during the day as it increases sluggishness in the body and mind and reduces cleansing.
- Take a drink of the juice of ½ lemon and 1 tsp of honey with 2 pinches of ginger and a pinch of turmeric, in a glass of lukewarm water, first thing upon rising.
- Be active each day during the cleanse. Start your day with 6-12 cycles of Sun Salutation. Then engage in a 20-minute walk or light exercise most days. If your fitness allows increase this to 40-60 minutes of moderate paced exercise breathing comfortably through the nose.
- Give yourself an invigorating Garshan Dry Massage>> prior your morning shower each day.
- Flush out the toxins. Sip Kapha Tea or the following detox tea every 30 minutes from rising to 6pm. Aim to drink a total of 2L woman and 3L men each day.
Boil 2.5L of water in the morning for 10-20 minutes with the following:
1/2 t. whole cumin
1/2 t. ginger powder
1/2 t. whole fennel to the water and let steep for ten minutes with the lid on.
After boiling for 10-20 minutes strain out the spices and pour fluids into a thermos. Sip throughout the day every 30 minutes. Make a new batch of tea every morning.
- Eat only when hungry – that is, when the previous meal has been fully digested. If you are not hungry sip your detox drinks below and wait until hunger is felt before eating.
- Sit quietly for a minute at the beginning of the meal (saying grace before meals is one way to do this). This alerts your body that food is on its way, and gives your digestion a settled start.
- Eat to only 3/4 of your capacity - equivalent to 2 of your hands cupped per main meal and one hand cupped per snack.
- Eat your main meal at lunchtime with smaller evening meal.
- Eat while sitting with full attention, in a settled atmosphere - no TV, no phones, no ipads, tablets, computers or reading. Be fully aware of the taste, smell and quality of your meal as this aids full and complete digestion.
- Engage in pleasant conversation with friends or family (no business meetings or emotional discussions).
Foods to Favour
- Favour a Light Kapha diet>>
Choose foods that are free of pesticides or preservatives and favour organic where you can. Fresh is always best and avoid reheating foods and canned foods.
- Breakfast: Eat 8 cooked prunes along with a stewed apple or pear cooked with 1-2 cloves.
- Vegetables: Eat lots of cooked leafy greens. Chop the greens and cook them with Kapha Churna for best results.
Grains: Light yet nutritious whole grains such as quinoa, barley, amaranth and small helpings of rice are recommended.
- Kanji, made by boiling barley with lots of water is an excellent hot beverage and helpful for flushing toxins out of the body through the urine.
- Spices: Ginger, turmeric, coriander, fennel and fenugreek help open up the channels of the body and support the flushing of toxins via the skin, urinary tract, colon and liver. Add these spices to soups and dhals as they cook.
- Avoid processed foods or foods with added salt, sugar or refined flours.
After the cleanse … Nourish
When the channels have been gently cleansed they are ready to be nourished with strengthening herbs or tonics.
- Amrit Kalash is the best rejuvenative herbals to help your body rebuild after your cleanse. Take for 1-3 months or ongoing if your budget allows.
- Continue to take Digest Tone 2 tablets prior evening meal.
The Get Balance Team
Everyday herbals for Kaphas